Shooting vest recommendation

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad dog

I am on the look out for a new shooting vest not bothered on make but I don’t like the mesh type & that’s all I seem to find any recommendations?

Beretta Cotton Vest or Castellani Olimpic don't use mesh, i think.

Cuffers is selling some Castellani vests - they are high end but quite spenny albeit he has some decent savings.

My vote has always been Musto - I have three thinking they would wear out the first one is doing just fine.

Cuffers is selling some Castellani vests - they are high end but quite spenny albeit he has some decent savings.

My vote has always been Musto - I have three thinking they would wear out the first one is doing just fine.
Ditto on the Musto, I have 2 which are years old plus a winter Musto shooting jacket which is waterproof/wind proof and must be at least 20 years old, an old Browning vest which is even older - all still going strong. Also have 2 Castellani ones which are mesh which I prefer in the summer BUT i don’t think the quality is as good as the others. Another good but not too expensive is Seeland, I also have 2 of them! Jeez, might need a clear out!! 🫣🤣🤣

I’m pretty sure that Musto have dropped all the clay and game clothing from their range now , it’s a shame as it’s excellent gear , I bought a new old stock vest last year , it’s streets ahead of a lot of the gear out there . The Browning Masters vests are pretty good too . Agree Seeland is good , Schoffel , Harkila , and Laksen all have Musto quality clay vests , but they’re not cheap ,

Last edited:
I am on the look out for a new shooting vest not bothered on make but I don’t like the mesh type & that’s all I seem to find any recommendations?
I don’t like mesh either, so I went with Blaser. Really good, now I need to save for one of their guns.

I have a Musto shooting vest for summer and a Musto waterproof breathable shooting jacket for winter, love them both!

Well, shooting in the downpour at Southdown I got out my very old Musto waterproof fleece lined shooting jacket/coat. So glad I never got rid of it 🤣

I’m pretty sure that Musto have dropped all the clay and game clothing from their range now , it’s a shame as it’s excellent gear , I bought a new old stock vest last year , it’s streets ahead of a lot of the gear out there . The Browning Masters vests are pretty good too . Agree Seeland is good , Schoffel , Harkila , and Laksen all have Musto quality clay vests , but they’re not cheap ,
Nooooooooooooooooooo… that sucks! Musto stuff is the only waterproof shooting gear unlike the Euro/Scandi crap that leaks like a seive

Leyt me know if you would like any Castellani Vests. I have a good selection at far lower prices than you will see in shops of shooting schools.

Nooooooooooooooooooo… that sucks! Musto stuff is the only waterproof shooting gear unlike the Euro/Scandi crap that leaks like a seive
Got a Schofield waterproof jacket that folds away into a pocket, got to say one of the best coats I've ever had, expensive but worth every penny!

I wear a vest every time I shoot. Originally a Wild Hare heatwave mesh. But the last couple have been Barepelt lightweight.

Anyone else have trouble with vests being too long? I've had both Seeland and Castellani and it looks like I'm wearing a mini-dress (Wide chested short ar*e!).

Anyone else have trouble with vests being too long? I've had both Seeland and Castellani and it looks like I'm wearing a mini-dress (Wide chested short ar*e!).
I have the opposite problem, I find some too short so use a Seeland vest. Try Berretta, they seem a little shorter.

Latest posts

Back