692/SV10 ejectors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect you have a good point there P1, both my bore brushes (standard and Payne galway) have seen a bit of use, and must need replacing. Will get a couple at the weekend and see what difference it makes .

I'm still getting the same results with the Evos, lots of muck in the 692 but clean as a whistle in the Benelli. Very strange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well my 692 has had to go back to GMK again today after the sticky top lever came back with a vengeance.

If I hadn't put in my two best scores to date I'd be starting to get itchy fingers about this gun, as it's starting to pi55 me off a bit now.

Sorry to hear that Ian; does that mean you're giving the Benelli a run out this Sunday instead?

Sorry to hear that mate. That would piss me right off especially after the 5 month wait I had. Hope they sort it properly this time.
Thanks P1, not sure how many attempts GMK need to put it right but hopefully they'll nail it this time. Does make you wonder if these things were actually ready to go out in the first place.....

Sorry to hear that Ian; does that mean you're giving the Benelli a run out this Sunday instead?
Thanks Nick, yes looks like the Benelli will be getting a dusting down and a run out.

Looking forward to shooting with you.

Hi All,

A newbie to the forum and relatively new to clay shooting (just coming to the end of my third season).

Me and my daughter have really enjoyed it so far and met a lot very nice people in our local area (Cumbria).

I wanted to share some of my experience with my beloved 692.

I too had the 'sticking top lever' issue, but resolved this by removing a tiny amount of wood from the top edge of the stock.

Mine also has a tight forend, but greasing has eased it slightly. Although I'd rather have it tight than loose (I'm still talking about the forend!)

Mine cleans really easily if I use Gamebore white gold XLR cartridges, but when I used Eley First it was an absolute nightmare to get the barrels clean.

I found the forum when looking for information on ejector removal (they're easy to get out of my daughters silver pigeon).

I can get the eject/extract selector screw out easily enough, but the ejectors still refuse to slide out of the dovetail. Might they require a little gentle persuasion?

:mole:

Hi Wil, glad to hear you're liking your 692.

Same here, once I've removed the selector screw brith ejectors need a pull or push to get them out of their dovetails so that's pretty normal.

Mine has come back from GMK (for the second time) and seems to be sorted now.

Hi Iggy,

Many thanks, I'm on leave this week, so I'll take the 692 to the shed and have a go at the ejectors (wife permitting!).

I'm keen to get them out and cleaned as there's a small amount of what appears to be a thin lubricating oil coming from inside the dovetails.

I use Ramanol Advanced white marine grease in mine instead of oil. This is designed for use in the extreme conditions experienced on trawlers, so has extremely good 'wash off' resistance and corrosion protection as well as being able to withstand high temperatures and extreme pressures.

My daughter's just gone off to university, but will be home this weekend and we'll go to a local clay shoot on Sunday morning.

All the best,

Thats strange on the XLR's as the Evo is the direct replacement for them? You got an old batch of XLR's stashed away?

900 shells through mine including getting very wet on saturday and my top lever is still fine (touch wood).

I managed to remove, clean and re-lube the ejectors this afternoon. A little encouragement with the end of a wooden dowel was all that was required after the selector screw was removed.

Many thanks for the instructions Iggy, I don't think I'd have risked the 'encouragement' without having seen them!

: )

I'll probably do them every month or so, the Ramanol grease is really good at keeping the crud out of the slides.

Re- the tight forend. They will slacken off after a few thousand shots. From my experience with many new beretta if its not tight when new it will become a loose fit eventually when its worn in so the tighter the better when new.

I managed to remove, clean and re-lube the ejectors this afternoon. A little encouragement with the end of a wooden dowel was all that was required after the selector screw was removed.

Many thanks for the instructions Iggy, I don't think I'd have risked the 'encouragement' without having seen them!

: )

I'll probably do them every month or so, the Ramanol grease is really good at keeping the crud out of the slides.
No problem Wil, glad you got them sorted, I was also pretty apprehensive about taking them out but it really is so easy I now do it after every shoot when I clean the gun.

It's probably a bit excessive, but taking them out and cleaning them properly only adds about 5 minutes overall not to mention their removal also means I'm less likely to take the skin off my knuckles on the sharp ejectors while I'm brushing the bores etc.

Thanks for the tip about the grease, I'll give that a try it looks good stuff.

Iggy.

Sounds like the new fangled 692 has been over engineered what was wrong with the tried and tested 682/DT10 ejector system ? design for design sake ? bit like the top lever ?

Cant say I ever needed to remove my 682 ejectors but they look the same on the 692 with the exception if the screw for extract / eject selection.

But agreed the extract setting is a waste of time imho. I quite like the top lever but I have had no issues to date and only time will tell on the durability of it. I do have the 10yr warranty though :)

So am I right in thinking that this screw thing sort of deactivates the ejector setting and just lifts the cartridge head out ?

[SIZE=medium]Yep. You push the ejector in, turn the screw and it lock it in place so it only has approx 0.5mm of travel when you open the action. I tried it a few weekends back on a 100 bird layout and found it difficult to grab the rim of the shells as they are flush to the ejectors. Whereas if you block them with your hand they have at least moved away slightly = far easier to pull them out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I would like to be like the pro’s and catch them as they eject. But being right handed but shooting left handed makes me a bit awkward as I take the shells out with my right hand.[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back