Another clay shooting addict

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDL

Hello Everyone,

After reading the open topics, I decided to register myself on this great forum.

I started my shooting career with precision rifles, but after one round of clay shooting that career ended quite soon ?

Main disciplines are Parcours and Compak, with occasionally a few rounds of Skeet and/or Olympic Trap.

Best regards,

JDL

Reactions: ips
Hello Everyone,

After reading the open topics, I decided to register myself on this great forum.

I started my shooting career with precision rifles, but after one round of clay shooting that career ended quite soon ?

Main disciplines are Parcours and Compak, with occasionally a few rounds of Skeet and/or Olympic Trap.

Best regards,

JDL
Welcome JDL.

I do hope that the 155 yard teal hasn't put you off trying, good old "English Sporting" ?

Welcome JDL.

I do hope that the 155 yard teal hasn't put you off trying, good old "English Sporting" ?
Nothing wrong with good old "English Sporting", but it isn't very popular outside the UK.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Nothing wrong with good old "English Sporting", but it isn't very popular outside the UK.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
They haven't sampled the delights of some of the best course setters then.  Wonder what it is that they don't like?  I can understand if they are dedicated trap shooters.

They haven't sampled the delights of some of the best course setters then.  Wonder what it is that they don't like?  I can understand if they are dedicated trap shooters.
Probably they don't like to shoot the same doubles multiple times -> not my personal opinion. For me it's good training, but competitions are almost non existent here.

With parcours there are no limitations for the targets as well, so the course setters can make it as spectacular as they want.

Unfortunately I can't judge how good the course setters in the UK are, as the only competition I shot in the UK wasn't set by someone from the UK  :wink: . Maybe I can give it a try next year.

Probably they don't like to shoot the same doubles multiple times -> not my personal opinion. For me it's good training, but competitions are almost non existent here.

With parcours there are no limitations for the targets as well, so the course setters can make it as spectacular as they want.

Unfortunately I can't judge how good the course setters in the UK are, as the only competition I shot in the UK wasn't set by someone from the UK  :wink: . Maybe I can give it a try next year.
I would suggest you do as we have some of the finest for sporting and Fitasc.  We also have Sportasc, the rights to which are owned by Steve Lovatt which does not present traditional 4 or 5 pairs as in ESP.  Then there is Fedecat of course which for the sporting you can shoot gun up or down and presents similar target presentation to Fitasc.  So much to do.

Latest posts

Back