Anyone shoot at mendip?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDAV

A friend has recently moved to Bristol and was wondering if anyone here shoots at mendip? What's it like looks like quite a nice little ground?

If its the one I am thinking about, I shot there a couple of years ago, the targets were ok but a long way from the clubhouse. You also had to use their steel cartridges. I dont know if things have changed but its a ground I won't be returning to.

You can shoot CIP standard steel through a full choke modern nitro proofed gun, no idea on pattern but no safety issues.

Spoke to mendip you do have to use their carts which are express apperently due to a planning restriction

Spoke to mendip you do have to use their carts which are express apperently due to a planning restriction
Went there few years ago, nice gunshop, reasonable clubhouse that looked as if regularly used, decent enough grounds, as for planning restriction, be ironic if its noise related seeing as the Mendips is full of quarries with some seriously noisy plant working just about 24/7,

Avalon guns have an open weekend there end of May

With 50 bird sporting must use Mendip shells. So will probably not bother

Don't forget you can shoot your own shells at Lady's Wood now guys. Lessons and practice rounds.

Cheers

Chris

Shooting English open abt at brook bank in June not shot there since 98 when Ian peel shot 200 straight.

Just saying as they say.

Well went there today glorious day, stunning little DTL layout ruined by a Compak/have a go area on the same spot.....

Organisation wasn't great, no shop anymore plenty of friendly regular sporting shooters some colourful characters and quite a nice breakfast, I went to shoot not eat breakfast in the sun.....

The carts available are steel and lead all express and plaswads are ok, opted for steel and gun seems to have survived.

Latest posts

Back