Barbury 100Reg, 28th Aug

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Got picked up by younger brother and quick run up A419 to a rare reg shoot at the very pleasant Barbury SS, quite a lot of friendly faces around, as, as well at the competition shooters Barbury has a very large regular customer base a duly expected big entry ensued. Had, even for me an up and down shoot, misread which way round to take on both simo pairs, later a complete brain dead moment on a 5 pair stand (7 I think) of loopers lost a dozen targets that irked. Ended quite strongly for a score higher than my age so thats a plus, brother though had a mare on today his first day out for two years, don't think he'll dwell on it though :) we had plenty of chat time so if you were there and i missed you, shame might see you tomorrow at Longridge or thurs at EJC

Was another good shoot.

Really like this ground, just need more registered shoots ?

Yes it's a lovely set up and very well run by Huw and his staff, the only fly in the eye so to speak is that the core customer base there (members etc) are not regular competition shooters and one did feel for a lot of them taking on the "harder" stands of which they were clearly overawed by. Selfishly as its >20 mins from my front door I'd love them to hold regular reg shoots. 

Correct! And it's a business at the end of the day......

But as you say, selfishly I'd like to do a few more registered shoots there even though it's an hour and a half drive.

I support all their registered shoots and bigger comps if I can

Latest posts

Back