Beer recommendations

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Any ideas to broaden my horizon? Current favourites are Adnams Broadside, Theakstone Old Perculiar,  Badger Cranbourne Poacher and the old faithful Fullers London pride, also like the Sharps Red Thingy but it’s not always available 

PP you try the award winning Tomos Watkin traditional ales they have a good site and you can buy on line 

If you get a chance, Harveys Best is the beer of choice down here.  We're almost equidistant between the Harveys and Shepherd Neame breweries.  No-one I know chooses Shepherds Neame.

PP you try the award winning Tomos Watkin traditional ales they have a good site and you can buy on line 
That stuff can stunt your growth, I guess you have been drinking it a long time 🙄

Err you could be right  :laugh:   I'm not short just more down to earth than most people  :laugh: :laugh:

If you get a chance, Harveys Best is the beer of choice down here.  We're almost equidistant between the Harveys and Shepherd Neame breweries.  No-one I know chooses Shepherds Neame.
Good call, I love Harvey’s and dislike Shepherd Neme but don’t see it in shops here..

You can buy all the Harveys beers online. They even have a smartphone app. Last time Bebo had a party I had a 36 pint polypin sent there.  Good times....... I think......... Can't remember.

I'm rather partial to Hook Norton beers, being a particular fan of their "Flagship" IPA. But judging by your stated preferences, I'm guessing you might prefer the Old Hooky. Also, have you tried Hobgoblin? It's, a Wychford beer which is also a small Oxfordshire  based brewery, I'm thinking that might be one you'd like. 

If you can, get along to one of the brewery tours. I was never really sure why I prefer certain beer styles, but having done the Hook Norton tour, I now know why. 

Another vote for Hobgoblin , I also like Doombar , & Banks's Original.

Quite right,  you stick with yer 'Bishop's Finger'    :good:

I had heard that just 1   'Bishop's Finger'    can have you walking funny for a week   !
The way you shoot i think you had the Bishops hand 😆

Any ideas to broaden my horizon? Current favourites are Adnams Broadside, Theakstone Old Perculiar,  Badger Cranbourne Poacher and the old faithful Fullers London pride, also like the Sharps Red Thingy but it’s not always available 
this weather ice cold grolsch    sorted !   :drool:

I'm rather partial to Hook Norton beers, being a particular fan of their "Flagship" IPA. But judging by your stated preferences, I'm guessing you might prefer the Old Hooky. Also, have you tried Hobgoblin? It's, a Wychford beer which is also a small Oxfordshire  based brewery, I'm thinking that might be one you'd like. 

If you can, get along to one of the brewery tours. I was never really sure why I prefer certain beer styles, but having done the Hook Norton tour, I now know why. 
I went to Hook Norton a couple of weeks ago after visiting Oxford Clay Ground, a great place, I liked Hooky amd Open Fire in addition to Old Hooky.

Will give Hobgoblin a go, thanks!

this weather ice cold grolsch    sorted !   :drool:
Not hot enough for lager 😀

Latest posts

Back