Bennelli 828'S'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

General Skanky

Does anyone have one of these?

Real life ownership.

The Sport not the Field version.

Intrigued by it and the shim system which is a huge bonus.

I am asking after the sport specifically, not all the aluminium version field gun.

I have read many comments about the 828 but these always seem to be based on the field gun.

Thanks in advance.

Second the reliability issues I had one, an admittedly early on example and after maybe 6 months of ownership it started to open up after the first barrel had been shot. Totally ruined the experience for me all I could think of was it doing it again. Gave it a couple of weeks but couldn’t get over the is it going to open again ness ? Took it back and got something with beretta written on it alas 4 or 5 forever guns later now sporting a K80 I genuinely can’t see me parting with if maybe for one with some nice engraving but even then I’m not sure.

Prior to my issue, it was, in my incredibly humble opinion an amazing gun if you arnt recoil sensitive. Light and responsive appeared to be well made (obviously appearances can be deceiving). Even the shim system, the removaable trigger and the odd lockup appeared to be different but not by any means a bad idea. Stuck some muller chokes in it and it shot as well as it looked. Unfortunately the clock struck 12 and the fairytale was over 🧚 😞

I shot both the Sport and the Standard and didn't feel comfortable.
A gunsmith told me that the internals are not made that well.
So they tried to make something different and overengineered a bit.
I would buy a Benelli Auto any day but no O/U.

Someone I know had one. Ejector problems pretty much from day 1.

Latest posts

Back