Caledonian mules...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

Went to the Scottish game fair on Friday, wasn't going to shoot as my stock is away getting an adjustable comb fitted so didn't take any Mirage fibers with me. Got to there, walked round to 5 stands of 4 pairs and thought...I'm up for this!!! Scrounged a loan of a friends gun, (32" gold e, way low in the comb for my high cheek bones!?!) paid for a card, picked up 2 boxes of what they had, Caledonian club 28gm fibre, first stand BOOM, BOOM...ouch, what the fu*k are these!?!? dropped 8, 4 on the teal stand,1 fast and steep, one fast and flat, tricky.  Came away with a sore face... Talked to another friend, "have another go, I've got a 30" DT11, it's only 2" shorter than your 32" DT11 and it's got an adjustable comb fitted...how could I resist??? Another card, another Caledonian mules, they wont kick as hard through the DT11, eh, better, but not much!!! William who loaned me the gun was shooting too, he had brought Clever T2 fibres, but had shot a few times so had to buy a box of mules to finish the round, BOOM, BOOM, William turned round and looked at me,"Bloody hell!!! These kick!!!" ...breaks with the Clever were much better too!!!

Shot 34 second round, 8,8,4(teal again)7,7. So, what did I learn this week...

1.Caledonian Club fibre kick like hell!!!

2.Just about every gun is too low in the comb for me!!!

3.I need to work on teal!!!

4.A 30" DT11 feels very different to my 32" DT11!!!

5.Caledonian Club fibre kick like hell (I still have a sore face)!!!

6.A 32" Gold E feels very different to my 32" DT11!!!

7.I need to work on teal!!! ...especialy very flat or very steep!!!

I was shooting Clever T2 fibre yesterday at a local shoot. Tried a couple of Hull Superfast Fibres. They have a nasty kick compared to the T2. Yuk.

Sounds like a bitch of a day.

Who is doing your stock ?

i haven't shot the caledonian fibres but i have shot a slab of their 28gm steel cartridges.  they too kick like a mule.  i bought a couple of thousand express steel and they are much nicer, with good breaks into the bargain.

Who ever Tom Young gets to do them!!!
going off your previous posts i think it will make a huge difference to you. And you can remove all the gaffer tape and bailing twine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't shot the caledonian fibres but i have shot a slab of their 28gm steel cartridges.  they too kick like a mule.  i bought a couple of thousand express steel and they are much nicer, with good breaks into the bargain.
Have a go with the Gamebore white gold steels in 24 gram if you can get hold of them, great breaks with the 9's on skeet and very little recoil :)

Try the Mirage steel too Nowler, I take it you will be shooting the Scottish FITASC champs at North Ayrshire? Just pick up a couple of boxes when your there...

Latest posts

Back