Clay Shooting Venues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazcue

Hi, Im new in london and would like to know which are the "best" or recommended venues to go clay shooting considering:

1.- I have no gear 

2.- I live in central London so not too far or at least easy to get there on public transport 

3.- cost 

Thanks in advance!! 

Your nearest grounds if you live in central London will be the A1 shooting ground on the A1 near Barnet and West London in Northolt. Without transport it will not be that easy and you will have a long walk once you get off the public transport too! A taxi would be the best/easiest option, but it will cost you a fair bit though. As for costs, well it depends on what you want to shoot, if you don't have a SGC you may need to go with an instructor and that will not be too cheap.

Hello and welcome.   It would help to know which side of London you live.  If in the North or West, West London Shooting School for lessons - look on website for prices, ESP practice  about £40 I think for 100.  In the same road A C Sporting Targets again you can have lessons there and once you are found to be safe and have you own licence/gun great for practising skeet, compact etc.  I think the other week I did 7 lots of 25 birds - various things and it cost me £48.  I have to say I have never travelled by public transport when I go shooting but the nearest station to both of those would be I think South Ruislip on the Central line and then a bus ride roughly 10 mins in traffic but not sure which bus and then you would have to walk down the track to either of the those clubs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Gentlemen, I live south of the river on Southwark. I'll probably hire a Mini Cab to get there. 

Thank you for your insight, I'll check out the webpages of the recommended venues and check on the prices, if anyone should have a comment that you would consider helpful, please fell free to let me know. 

Thanks Gentlemen, I live south of the river on Southwark. I'll probably hire a Mini Cab to get there. 

Thank you for your insight, I'll check out the webpages of the recommended venues and check on the prices, if anyone should have a comment that you would consider helpful, please fell free to let me know.
Cab would be very expensive to get to the clubs I suggested. Maybe someone south of the river can suggest better venues for you. I am female just so you know - us ladies like to shoot as well :)

Train out of London Bridge to Paddock Wood and then a cab ride to West Kent Shooting School.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe look at Horne (reigate area) and Caterham. I think their instruction is maybe only on shoot days, so not ideal, but worth a call. Try Horne first..

Train to Greenhithe (near Bluewater) then short cab ride to JJ's Clay Shoot http://www.jjscsc.co.uk/

If you are new to Shooting, then call Mark and perhaps arrange a lesson at good rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Train to High Wycombe then short taxi ride to EJ Churchill.

Take your wallet mind!!

DT

Train out of London Bridge to Paddock Wood and then a cab ride to West Kent Shooting School.
You beat me to it. Good to see you both on Tuesday. Alternatively train from St Pancras,Victoria or Charing Cross to Sturry then short walk up the hill to Greenfields. You would need to book a lesson though as they won't let any one borrow a gun unless they know that they're safe.

Latest posts

Back