FB question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

I have all privacy settings to friends only etc. I only want friends to be able to see my posts and pics however it seems that there is nothing to stop a friend sharing your post on there page for e everyone tp see, so what's the point in that. ??

Somewhere somehow there is a way to make your posts unshareable,not sure but maybe if you go into custom (you have to click see all twice) when posting you can turn of sharing with friends of tagged..that might do it?

If there is a little icon of the world next to the post or picture on your wall your friends can share it and anyone can see it, if there is an icon of two people next to the post or picture no one can share it but you and only your friends can see it.  

If you go into privacy settings you can set limit past posts to friends only, however, profile pictures and cover photos and their comments will always remain public and can be shared.

Any already shared post by your friends will remain shared even if you subsequently set it to private.

Mine is set up so only friends can see my pictures and no one can share any post apart from my profile and cover photos.

Somewhere somehow there is a way to make your posts unshareable,not sure but maybe if you go into custom (you have to click see all twice) when posting you can turn of sharing with friends of tagged..that might do it?
Can't be sure BUT, I think it's called   "Keep it to YOURSELF" !       :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a little icon of the world next to the post or picture on your wall your friends can share it and anyone can see it, if there is an icon of two people next to the post or picture no one can share it but you and only your friends can see it.  

If you go into privacy settings you can set limit past posts to friends only, however, profile pictures and cover photos and their comments will always remain public and can be shared.

Any already shared post by your friends will remain shared even if you subsequently set it to private.

Mine is set up so only friends can see my pictures and no one can share any post apart from my profile and cover photos.
ok, everything is set to only friends and yet when my Mrs goes on my page a post has two people icon and yet there is a share icon. It's doing my head in.

ok, everything is set to only friends and yet when my Mrs goes on my page a post has two people icon and yet there is a share icon. It's doing my head in.
I get the feeling you may not be compatible with the app  :wink:

Not sure i am sometimes!

It's sharing the same ip address, unless you unfriend the wife ( not recomended ) this is what you will get, unless  your in different locations !

both on separate mobile data though
Using GPS data not iP then. If your phone's are not using wi-fi at home, use it when your apart and see if your getting the same !

Last edited by a moderator:
FB is not in biz to keep your anythings private.  They make it very difficult to control that by hiding command menus and strange terms.  I've never felt as tho I really had any interest in being a regular participant there at all.  But that obviously would just be me since there are billions of people telling their life stories on FB every day.  Like anyone else actually GAF

I love Facebook its so easy to wind people up. Just last week a new vegan restaurant opened up locally and I asked what meat dishes they did.( after all its only fair we have veggie dishes in normal restaurants). Those vegans don't have a sense of humor.

Latest posts

Back