Feeding game to puppy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Over estimated people's appetite for pigeon and rabbit at yesterday's BBQ, the dog however is very interested in left overs.  Would it be to feed game (cooked) to a 5 month old cocker?

Provided there are no bones in it , it should be alright in small amounts to supplement thre dogs usual food .

Have the hose pipe ready as a drastic change in diet can/will scour the dog , so expect loose stools , and I don't mean three legged ones.

I have often wondered about feeding pheasant not from a nutritional angle but giving her a taste (literally) for it. I am not talking a full roast pheasant just the bits left on the carcass . Mrs ips boils chicken carcass and its surprising how much meat you get off it, then she makes a sort of broth which we freeze and add to the kibble like a gravy. Dog gets better treated than me ?

I have often wondered about feeding pheasant not from a nutritional angle but giving her a taste (literally) for it. I am not talking a full roast pheasant just the bits left on the carcass . Mrs ips boils chicken carcass and its surprising how much meat you get off it, then she makes a sort of broth which we freeze and add to the kibble like a gravy. Dog gets better treated than me ?
This may be true ips but I wouldn't say you look under fed  :laugh:

Latest posts

Back