Flask

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Hi, any suggestions for a great flask that will keep coffee hot all day.  Cost not important, keeping coffee hot for 12 hrs or so is..

The problem is, once you have your first cup, it then gets colder quicker and so on. I have always bought stainless ones, as for make - have a look on the Thermos website, flasks to suit every need.

I've gone through a fair few of these over the years and the best ones tend to be stainless steel but once you open them once or thrice they soon get luke warm. Some tricks do help as in filling the flask up with hot water beforehand so as to get it right up to temp so it doesn't have to use any of the coffee's temp to warm its structure up, the second thing is making sure you microwave the milk and get that hot too. 

I'd recommend the steel flasks by Corkcicle (www.corkcicle.com). They sell them on the grounds that they keep drinks cold for longer, but the reverse is also true - they are really good at keeping things warm: my daughter often takes soup to school for lunch. I heat the flask with boiling water first as the soup heats at around 7.30 in the morning. She has her lunch at 12.30 and tells me she still has to blow on the soup to cool it enough to eat.

John Lewis & other shops sell them, but the other day I saw a load of the larger flasks (perfect for coffee, the smaller ones hold roughly a tin of soup) in TK Maxx at a much lower price.

Latest posts

Back