FLO visit done,HELLO all

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westmids1987

hi all,clay shooting only a month and a half,had a few lessons and really really caught the bug,sent off for SGC two and bit weeks ago FLO visit today,all ok SGC to arrive next week!!saved around the £400 mark so far,but payday few weeks away to add another £200,i just have a feeling once the sgc arrives i'll be gagging to buy a gun but know i really should wait for more funds,what are peoples general feeling to first gun,had looked at the hatsan o/u bu most people menton berreta/browning,i understand most guns will out perform me at this level and this first gun is just till after xmas where funds should allow closer to the £1000 mark,many thanks and sorry for asking questions that im sure have been asked a 1000 times before

Welcome aboard - enjoy shootclay - any questions, please let me know

Should get plenty of answers about first gun recommendations.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your shooting!

I understand the quandry of your first gun but urge you to take some time to get it right.

Most importantly please don't commit to a dealer on the basis that you expect your shotgun certificate so quickly.

In most parts of the country it takes much longer which would take you beyond Christmas.

Take some lessons until your SGC is in your hand and then you have the dealers at your mercy.

Hello Mark, welcome along, enjoy the site.

Most people will recommend Browning/Miroku/Beretta for a first gun. The experienced boys and girls will be along soon...! ;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your shooting!

I understand the quandry of your first gun but urge you to take some time to get it right.

Most importantly please don't commit to a dealer on the basis that you expect your shotgun certificate so quickly.

In most parts of the country it takes much longer which would take you beyond Christmas.

Take some lessons until your SGC is in your hand and then you have the dealers at your mercy.
hi thanks for the advice,yup another lesson booked for later in the week,hopefully SGC arrive soon,FLO seemed optimistic for next week,i am chomping at the bit to buy my first gun but don't want to get it wrong,but on the other hand don't want to wait too long need to get out practising as only having a lesson every 2 weeks which is not enough for me,i am so glad i have tried this sport,i have definatly got the 'bug',think i'm going to book some more overtime at work to fund a great new hobby,had a few pre-judgemental opinions on the kind of people that shoot but have been proven wrong so far everyone spoken to seems very helpfull,so thanks for your help so far

Latest posts

Back