FN Browning B25 Mod.105

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneThumbShooter

Hi,

I have a question regarding the FN Browning B25 Mod.105.

The gun works just fine and looks good but some people had two remarks regarding the condition.

1. The upper bolt is mobile when the gun is cocked, meaning that it moves in and out through the hole. If the gun is tipped forward and is given a soft punch the bolt moves out and you can push it back in. The lower bolt does not do this. Is this normal?

2. The area where the bolts are (I don´t know the English term) is a bit dirty. One guy told me this indicates that the system is dirty within and that dirt moves out through the bolt holes during a shot. Suggestions?

Sorry for not knowing the special terms in English, I´ll improve.

Best OTS

All sounds normal to me, firing pins do move freely when it's cocked as the pressure is off them, the bottom one could have muck around it making it stiff. The first coming from around them means it may need a clean. Whip the stock off and give it a blast out with a cleaning oil. If you can afford it have it serviced by a gunsmith, my service was £110 this year, plus to firing pins at £30 each on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have a question regarding the FN Browning B25 Mod.105.

The gun works just fine and looks good but some people had two remarks regarding the condition.

1. The upper bolt is mobile when the gun is cocked, meaning that it moves in and out through the hole. If the gun is tipped forward and is given a soft punch the bolt moves out and you can push it back in. The lower bolt does not do this. Is this normal?

2. The area where the bolts are (I don´t know the English term) is a bit dirty. One guy told me this indicates that the system is dirty within and that dirt moves out through the bolt holes during a shot. Suggestions?

Sorry for not knowing the special terms in English, I´ll improve.

Best OTS
I've not heard of a B25 model 105, do you have any pictures of i? I'm curious. Most, but not all B25's are graded, basicall A,B,C,D etc. There are also types of engraving which are often numbered, such as (B)2G, (D)5 (A) 1, © 3. There are other models such as ST100, ST150, Evolution and some others, but normally B25's are as previously described.

Latest posts

Back