Hard Case

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

Could'nt find the answer so a quick question.  My gun will not fit in the boot so I have carried it in the slip across the back seats.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced case to store the gun broken down so if I have to leave it in the boot I can do so with it padlocked to a tie-down point.

Thanks

OK other choice is a Napier protector 2 secure is a soft slip designed for a broken down gun up to 32" with a locking point that goes through trigger guard. Advantage is it folds out to full slip for when you are at the ground.

There was a recent thread on cases suitable for flights worth looking up some are full length so wont help............

http://www.napieruk.com/acatalog/Copy%20of%20Protector%20Secure%20Instructional%20A5_v2.pdf

This is a cheap hard case. http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/854e5f65f777553571633493/HSF+Hard+Shotgun+Case/

THis looks decent value http://www.uttings.co.uk/p106180-plano-pro-max-pillar-lock-take-down-gun-case-do1535/#.Uy9ZGaiKWSo worth searching out the other thread but Peli got top marks as did another case

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a S/H Beretta manufacturers hard plastic case for £20 from UK Gun Repairs which has holes for two padlocks and you could fit a trigger guard lock.

There must be others available

Try Ebay there are normally lots of S/H gard cases on there...

i bought a Browning that fits 32" Barrels & stock 15 1/2 LOP for not a lot of money...

alternatively buy a soft break down case then transfer to gun slip when shooting..

I recently bought a Plano pro max pillar lock take down case from uttings for £48 posted.

It fits my 30inch o/u broken down, and allows me to fit it in the boot of the mini. I am sure there are better quality cases out there. But this is lockable and does the trick for me nicely.

I recently bought a Plano pro max pillar lock take down case from uttings for £48 posted.

It fits my 30inch o/u broken down, and allows me to fit it in the boot of the mini. I am sure there are better quality cases out there. But this is lockable and does the trick for me nicely.
+1. It's a great product for the money and my gun fits (which has 32" barrels). Fits nicely in the boot of my wife's polo.

Tempted by one myself but what's not clear from the photos online is there is some sort of lump in the middle? Could you tell/show me what it is/for?

Tempted by one myself but what's not clear from the photos online is there is some sort of lump in the middle? Could you tell/show me what it is/for?
Looks like a trigger lock to me? 

I think it is a pillar to stop it getting crushed in the centre....

The Pro-Max PillarLock case from Plano is a high quality moulded plastic case, featuring patented interlocking plastic risers, which lock together when the case is close, significantly increasing its rigidity.

• Patented PillarLock system protects firearm.
  • Thick wall construction.
  • Comfortable molded-in handle.
  • Moulded tabs allow locking with a padlock.
  • Airline approved.
  • Internal dimensions: 35.25" x 7.62" x 3.62" (89.5 x 19.4 x 9.2cm approx.).
  • External dimensions: 36" x 10.7" x 4" (91.4 x 21.2 x 10.2 cm approx.).

<p>

I think it is a pillar to stop it getting crushed in the centre....
I thought that might be the case... But wondered if there was just one? If it had a hole you could pass a cable or chain through??? It would be ideal if it did have a hole and that lines up with trigger gaurd allowing a cable to pass through the case and trigger guard (like the Napier secure slip) which could then be locked to a solid object/point.

I thought that might be the case... But wondered if there was just one? If it had a hole you could pass a cable or chain through??? It would be ideal if it did have a hole and that lines up with trigger gaurd allowing a cable to pass through the case and trigger guard (like the Napier secure slip) which could then be locked to a solid object/point.
nah, no hole there. There are better ones out there but for the money, it does the job.

I thought exactly this when I bought it. But unfortunately no hole. It is just to stop the box from being crushed. I use two fairly strong armoured locks, wrap a cable lock around twice and through the luggage loops and then connect an alarm lock around the handles. Also don't leave the forend. Pretty sure that is "all reasonable precaution"

Are you sure you live in SE Wales and not Brixton?

How very dare you !

Brixton is the gun owning capital of England...don't you know?

DT
Oh yes I forgot that Greg!!!! I don't think they are really into shotguns to much up there though, I've heard that Uzi's are the must have fashion statement this year, with H&K's for the ladies!! Nice!!!

so much choice, what to get.  I think i prefer a hard case so if necessary I can padlock it to something and give any potential thief a challenge.

Think I need to see a few before I decide.

hi there i/v got five aluminiun hard case/s for sale  50 pound/s each  brand new 

Latest posts

Back