Hello from Inverness

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MigdaleGal

Myself and hubby are just getting into clay shooting.  I used to do the sport quite regularly a few years ago when I stayed in Fort William.  Now in Balloch, Inverness. MG/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Hello MG nice to hear you are getting back in to it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Welcome aboard migdalegal - any questions, please let me know - enjoy your time at ShootClay...

MigdaleGal said:

Myself and hubby are just getting into clay shooting.  I used to do the sport quite regularly a few years ago when I stayed in Fort William.  Now in Balloch, Inverness. MG/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif
 Hello, I'm a newb myself but welcome. I'm going to be staying near Inverness later this year and I'm wondering if you could recommend some clay clubs around there please. I've been to Highland and Deephaven some years back but it's all trap, prefer sporting venues. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Thanks all.  When I lived in Fort William it was all DTL in the clubs round there. Les -  Rothiemurchus Estate at Aviemore has a great sporting set up.  You don't need to be a member down there and can turn up anytime, 7 days a week between 9am and 5pm to shoot.  It is £15 for 50 clays if you have your own gun and cartridges.  Felt wad only but if you only have a supply of plastic you can do a straight swap of a full box for no extra cost.  They have a great variety there. We are supposed to be joining Darnaway Gun Club near Forres which also has a sporting set up but I say suppose as we never seem to be free on the dates they shoot.  I know that Cawdor gun club to are open to people going along when they are shooting whether you are a member or not. SCTA membership sorted.  x

I've noticed the clay shoot at Rothiemurchus Estate on my way up to the Cairngorms, I just assumed it would be a touristy type place, I'll give it a go this time, thanks for the advice. 

Back