Hogs back or Bavarian stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Have been offered a hardly used 243 for almost nothing but it is stocked as above.

Any negatives? The rifle will only be shot off sticks (I'm too old to go crawling along the floor)

As long as you can get your eye nicely lined up with the scope it doesn't really matter on a rifle.
Excellent, thanks, has a scope and mounts so might result in new mounts I guess but should be ok otherwise.

Doesnt have a moderator but I'm not sure I need one, it's not I see flocks of foxes...

A mod is well worth having and not just for noise. It really tames the recoil which allows you to see the bullet strike. Although a 243 is not that kicky you won't see it without a mod.

Ok, great, thanks... I'm thinking that I will see how I go without initially, it's not screwcut so will crank the price up, and I accidentally bought a 16 hammer gun at weekend..

As long as you can get your eye nicely lined up with the scope it doesn't really matter on a rifle.
Certainly true, but a hogsback is just as certainly an ugly conformation.  The good news is that it is just wood and a decent stock guy can reshape that thing into something quite appealing as there is lotsa extra wood there.  

JMO of course as I'd bet there are those that hold that style as the epitome. 

Certainly true, but a hogsback is just as certainly an ugly conformation.  The good news is that it is just wood and a decent stock guy can reshape that thing into something quite appealing as there is lotsa extra wood there.  

JMO of course as I'd bet there are those that hold that style as the epitome. 
I agree with the looks but unfortunately it looks like it would fit me perfectly  :eek:

Latest posts

Back