How To Promote Shotgun Sports - - - Update

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonko the Sane

A tried and true approach that motor racing obviously used to an advantage

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes motor sport used it a lot to promote, then they grew up and joined into the 21st century 😉

Yes motor sport used it a lot to promote, then they grew up and joined into the 21st century 😉
Say what you will, the brolly girls were usually more interesting than what they shaded

Wonko you're a very bad man!
That's quite hurtful.  The truth is I'm a quite kind, generous, and loving person.  those who know me call me Nice Guy Charlie.  They say it quite frequently - Nice guy, Charlie.

Say what you will, the brolly girls were usually more interesting than what they shaded
True, but remember a lot of women do this sport now so we should move away from stereotypes if we intend to grow the sport, thats why the 😉 on the remark

Yes, there are a lot more women in this sport now so we have to be careful what we say/write etc but personally,  at  almost 60 and growing up in that era of ladies parading around a boxing ring or draped over a car/motorbike wearing almost nothing etc does not offend me. I really do not mind it as long as it doesn’t go too far.  When I was nearly 20 I worked in an environment where I was the youngest girl in an office of 6 working with 300 men of all ages.  I learnt very quickly not to take offence at anything and laughed it off,  but the younger generation have been brought up not to stand for it and are quick to say so too.  
I was once asked by a ref (many years ago now) to show another lady how I shoot fitasc gun down as she was struggling because her boobs got in the way and being a similar size he thought I could help!  I didn’t take offence and it wasn’t meant to be sexist or rude in any way and he was a bit embarrassed asking me but genuinely wanted to help this lady out as she was struggling so much. 

Latest posts

Back