ISIS Green Pads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carthage

Does anyone what's involved in fitting one of these recoil absorbing Green Pads which I've heard such good reports about? :phew:

Well what I have read says there are easy ish to fit. I did my own fitting with a kick eez, I screwed the new pad to the stock, used electrical tape to protect the stock woodwork, at least 2 layers thick and covered at least 2 inches width of the stock, obviously the tape did not go on the new pad.

I then mounted my belt sander in a vice so the belt was vertical and switched it on, very carefully I then started to sand away the excess material of the pad making sure I followed the curves of the stock. Key is to take your time and use a medium/fine grit belt otherwise its too brutal at removing material.

Does anyone what's involved in fitting one of these recoil absorbing Green Pads which I've heard such good reports about? :phew:
Hi Carthage

I have fitted 2 green pads, and used an Orbital sander with varying grades of grit.  The job needs to be done with a belt sander though to get a more parallel finish.  An orbital sander just 'Massages' the green foam instead of taking it off like a belt sander.  I had to push the sander in strokes to remove the foam, not ideal, but it worked in the end.

Simply remove your old recoil pad.  Screw in the green pad and score the outline of your stock onto the plastic face of the pad.  Then sand the rough shape of the stock with a heavier grit leaving about 3mm clear of the outline.  Get some masking tape, and tape around the edge of the stock where the pad fits adding 2 thicknesses of tape.  Screw in the pad, and then begin with a much lower grit, say a 180 and sand down the pad in stages to a 240 grit.  Remember that the toe of the stock will need to be sat at an angle and depending on the heel that may be parallel or slightly angled, depending on your stock. 

I did mine over 4 nights spending about an hour a night to get it right.

Hope this helps.

For what its worth, everybody loves my MK38 with my green pad, and my Perazzi bounces in the hand with a Kick-EEZ.  Horses for courses, but its a Green Pad for me from now on.

Dave at Recoil Systems will do it for you for £30. Seems like a bargain to me and they (he has done 2 for me) fit just fine.

Never mind fitting the bloody thing! How do you decide which one to order?

Thickness, concave or convex, Surefit, etc?

Thinking of putting one on my MX8 Trap but can't decide what to order (Standard Perazzi pad on currently - see image).

Haven't measured the existing but I'm guessing its about 11 to 13mm.

post-1056-0-58524200-1378293547.jpg

Any advice greatly appreciated

DT

Attachments

• IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 2
Famous five eh

You got some heavy reading material going on there DT :)

I was going to post the following but decided against it in case it caused offence to those with no humour whatsoever.

Best place for it mate ....

you will find the Isis pads are very hard to beat in performance and they are so easy to fit, about 15 minutes from start to finish to perfection . 

Thinking of putting one on my MX8 Trap but can't decide what to order (Standard Perazzi pad on currently - see image).

attachicon.gif
IMG_4979.JPG

Any advice greatly appreciated

DT
I find the std perazzi pad next to useless. The green pad is much more forgiving.

I'd measure the thickness of the existing pad (back to the wood) and then decide if you want the length of pull to stay the same or lengthen/shorten.

Then find which green pad configurations work for the length you want to achieve and then decide whether you want concave (LOP shortest in the centre) or convex (vice versa). I use the std rather than the surefit versions and I like a curved pad -  so I use the concave ones. 

Or measure the thickness of the existing pad and then ring Dave at Recoil systems. He will sort you out.......

I simply measured the depth of pad already on both of my guns, and bought the concave one.  If in doubt, give the chap a call, he will tell you what you need to know as he is very helpful in that respect.  If you are right handed, get a R/H surefit Concave one.  Not sure what the convex one is for.  My concave one is almost flat but slightly contoured to fit the shoulder better.  I think you will be happy with the performance!

I was going to post the following but decided against it in case it caused offence to those with no humour whatsoever.

Best place for it mate ....
If its had after market chokes its not even fit for the junk room in fact it cost money to dispose off. Tin hat on...

Latest posts

Back