Longridge 100 ESP Reg, Saturday 24th August

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Thought one would put this on a thread as a change here as usually Longridge has it Bank Holiday shoot on the monday, ( missed shooting it last year as boy was playing for Gloucester against Saracens) entries 10.00 till 3.00 pm, usual £ prizes etc.

Will be there all day so do say hello, if warm enough I will be the handsome one in the ShootClay polo

thats a shame rich it clashes with our glos and hw double trap champs at coleys 

but im on an early squad so might get away earlish

steve

Now that Championship clash is a bit of a shame, what's also a shame is that on CPSA web fixtures for the Double Trap it does not mention Glos at all only Hereford & Worcs Champ, wonder if anyone else has been caught out and unlike me who defo wouldn't enter will fancy the chance etc. Did some DT at the Growler it was disastrous mind.

On this holiday of yours did you buy some Superman underpants? :) Just asking as looking through the web on Saturday 24th you could be shooting Coleys and Longridge, you've got a 100 bird shot on at Windrush alongside the White Gold and somewhere called Woolley there's a White Gold qualifier as well, which one imagines needs some Steve TLC. You'll need another holiday after this weekend

Or is the Wooley one the shoot that fell foul of the clay / oil seed rape problem, that saves you some driving but still a busy day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich you been on the jimmy mac again !!!!!!.

We are at windrush on Thursday and Westfield on Sunday

The Woolley fixture was the one cancelled due to oilseed rape issues

Glos dt is reg as Hereford tapped onto it after we fixed it in march

Still hopefully I can do the two !!!!!

so what is the format of our county DT ? is it as it as been..... 150 over 3 layouts still ? how many squads shooting sat ? and it is posted on the CPSA as H/W championship !

Longridge is normally on the bank holiday Mon ? is Sat a def and not a mix up

Longridge defo Saturday

CPSA web didn't show Glos DT when I looked, if it is on Saturday bit of a shame as some will have missed out that's for sure.

The double trap is according to chunks is going to be the new system with the new chip fitted and the super final shot off scratch , will know more after seeing him weds , ho and yes with 24 gm shells

As for squads think they were running four don't know if any places left

So it will now be 5 sets of 15 pairs ? with 4 squads of 5 rotating ! and a grand final all on one layout .....could be a long day m8, even with a early start got to be 20-25 minutes a squad with change overs and reloading traps ? even if it only took 18 mins each squad it will take around 5 hours + without the final !!! good luck ...

Chipper and I will be mainly contesting a Bounty at Longridge then ?  :hunter:  Guerini near to perfection fit wise ...so quietly confident to upset the  chip stick but he is smoking them in 5 pieces now ....hahaha 

Clynt will the Wiltshire Warbler be up for it as well! methinks if hes licking some wounds as last heard he was played 2 won 0 lost big time 2!

Not sure I think new system is less think its four rounds of 30 then the final

Don't know really just shoot them as simo teal seems easy then I'm sure there's more to it but I do enjoy it once or twice a year

For the DT with the entries they have Matt reckons with a prompt start they hope to be all done by around 3.30.

And there is a few Glos boys entered, will never know if any missed this due to not being shown as Glos on web or in PULL though.

Last edited by a moderator:
After getting behind yesterday at Westfield decided to work this morning and nip to longridge this afternoon with Harry , he shot a good 63 with 67 winning c class , I shot 93 to win high gun with C Childerhouse , M Myers , A Moon and P Smith on 91 so very happy with the British looming this week

Steve

Yes it was well done Steve, however I do think he tapped up his lad, our ESP junior county champ for a few tips mind, :)

I didn't get to shoot this as my relief scorer my dearly beloved (!) brother did not rock up as promised :-((((, even more miffed as he was going to cover entry as a belated bday pressie, family eh, u can pick friends but kin! so running very late for evening do regretfully the gun stayed in car!

Bounty battle was a bit tetchy I felt, Chipper claiming to be hung over but just pipped the luckless Wiltshire Warbler and Clynt shooting was not quite himself at all, not from the 3/4 stands what I saw, he rather let Chipper have this one, always Westfield Sunday Clynt.

Had to dash off and didn't get the scores / placings in all classes will try and post soon as.

Latest posts

Back