Longridge Monday 27th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Well, when I left Cirencester it was pleasant with a slight breeze, got to Longridge and the light breeze had somewhat morphed so it was a very blustery wind affected shoot.

Quick look at the scores already in showed that not only was it a tad on the stiff side the wind had spoiled a few cards, and ruined a few guys day out it seems.

Shoot itself was over 11 stands, (six 5 x pairs, five 4x pairs), I started on stand 3 and followed a couple of AA shots round, I stuffed up on quite a few stands missing the birds that I really should have put on the card only to then do rather well on the perceived more difficult stands, st10 was a ball breaker i was told just as I walked into the stand and I carded a 7ex10, then finished with a poor 2 on the much easier stand 1 (2ex10!!!) for a 49, really should have been nearer 60 which would have been a decent score in C.

TBH I'm not too despondent with the 49, previously after starting as I did with a 2, 3 and a 3 (7 ex26 at this point) I would have either gave up or carried on and carded a low 30's,

And no young Mr Lovatt was spared as I did not burst into tears (re other thread)

High Gun of 89 was shared between, C Childerhouse, B Hand and Steve Lovatt.

Will post scores on Results when to hand.

Saw Clynt but didn't see any other ShootClay around if so feel free to put more flesh on these bones etc

Nice report Rich sounds like Steve had put on a testing shoot made a bit more difficult with the wind, unfortunately didn't get there as planned :hmm:

Best shoot I've been to for a while,  real gaps on flying targets seen me 5 away from 7stds then my current vomit inducing target revealed it's self, a pair of slow curly edgy orange floor bound b**tard things removed 7 more off my card, so close to throwing the gun in the bushes,tried to calm me self with a smoke but things tend to pile up on you when you least need them. smoked first 3 pairs of the simo pr from the left only to see the wind rip another 2 off me....really spitting sh*t now !! big long batue from the left died well and so did 3 of the fast orange 1/4 ing. only one gone here, feeling better but still turning the earlier std of doom over and over in my head. very long crosser from the left and a long one from the right, was the first a midi, think so came the reply from the marker ???? wind effected, both in my mind would want a big gap !! and when your m8 tells you, your behind I piled it on, and on and on walked off the std with a 2 ex 10 my personal demolition job was now complete ...15 gone in two stds dropped a further 2or 3 on the final two stds to card a embarrassing 76

Just had to return to the 2x10 std watched three shooters hit a few and asked if 2 pairs practise would be OK around 10ft on the midi blew the front clean off it, aprx 5ft on the report bird (std clay) took the back 3rd off the clay, kept it there 2 more good enough kills resulted. Did this make me feel any better ? not much!! what felt so right picture wise on the first half of this great shoot and looked so right on the orange targets left me really wondering what the hell did I get so wrong, do I see more than whats there? do I over lead orange? do my eyes see exaggerated speed due to the colour ? is it the background ...that hurt today.  

Enjoyed today , but have to say wouldn't probably want to shoot it every week reminded me a bit of classics of old !!!

I dropped one clay on 6 stands , then came to stand 4 and thought no problem , shot the looper looked down for orange it was nearly landing in the gorse , thought ok get down quicker and yet again could only poke and hope so all in I dropped 5 on that stand , thought 89 would not be good enough but it held out for three of us

As Clynt says big gaps today and lots of speed and angles mixed in , all in all we all enjoyed it even Harry who shot 34

Steve

Best shoot I've been to for a while, real gaps on flying targets seen me 5 away from 7stds then my current vomit inducing target revealed it's self, a pair of slow curly edgy orange floor bound b**tard things removed 7 more off my card, so close to throwing the gun in the bushes,tried to calm me self with a smoke but things tend to pile up on you when you least need them. smoked first 3 pairs of the simo pr from the left only to see the wind rip another 2 off me....really spitting sh*t now !! big long batue from the left died well and so did 3 of the fast orange 1/4 ing. only one gone here, feeling better but still turning the earlier std of doom over and over in my head. very long crosser from the left and a long one from the right, was the first a midi, think so came the reply from the marker ???? wind effected, both in my mind would want a big gap !! and when your m8 tells you, your behind I piled it on, and on and on walked off the std with a 2 ex 10 my personal demolition job was now complete ...15 gone in two stds dropped a further 2or 3 on the final two stds to card a embarrassing 76

Just had to return to the 2x10 std watched three shooters hit a few and asked if 2 pairs practise would be OK around 10ft on the midi blew the front clean off it, aprx 5ft on the report bird (std clay) took the back 3rd off the clay, kept it there 2 more good enough kills resulted. Did this make me feel any better ? not much!! what felt so right picture wise on the first half of this great shoot and looked so right on the orange targets left me really wondering what the hell did I get so wrong, do I see more than whats there? do I over lead orange? do my eyes see exaggerated speed due to the colour ? is it the background ...that hurt today.
Problem is mate tooooo much Westons & curry it's making you hallucinate

Problem is mate tooooo much Westons & curry it's making you hallucinate
Chipper I can confirm that it was one of the very rare occasions I've witnessed that instead of shorts Clynt was wearing trousers so maybe the Westons & Curry diet was working some kind of magic. Though I reckon thst despite last weeks wind tunnel effected targets he's going to be back Bounty hunting off you in earnest.

Chipper I can confirm that it was one of the very rare occasions I've witnessed that instead of shorts Clynt was wearing trousers so maybe the Westons & Curry diet was working some kind of magic. Though I reckon thst despite last weeks wind tunnel effected targets he's going to be back Bounty hunting off you in earnest.
Hope not Rich I've lost some weight to make room for those bounty's

On shift this weekend chaps so not out to play.

Giving the Classic a bash next Friday with the old Sandbagger TipTop.

Looking forward to it as never shot it before.

I hope it is dry.

have a good weekend on the clays lads.

He missed Urchfont Clynt!Ideal turkey shoot Nick!

I think Clynt was on the ropes there like I was.
when you start 6 away(camouflaged bunny)  in AA and then go to a lottery std and get a rake of no birds all over the place, behind trees 20m off line you know it aint going to happen. the tower also caught me for two, enjoyed the first 2 stds over the road, but that last std down in the small quarry ? well, never the same for any body haha thinking back should have ground in a bit but find it so boring trying to shoot straight at egdy stuff. doh 

Hope not Rich I've lost some weight to make room for those bounty's seems missed some really tough shoots while away looking forward now to Windrush you chaps going ?
If back from Basildon in time, M25 et all, so at mo that's 20-80 in favour :-((

Looks like i will miss this clash of the Titans aka "The Bounty Wars"

If back from Basildon in time, M25 et all, so at mo that's 20-80 in favour :-((

Looks like i will miss this clash of the Titans aka "The Bounty Wars"
I've got his prize money from Urchfont (2months ago, beat him then to) may just pop into asda on the way to windrush and pick-up a few boxes of bounties   and some man size kleenex on his account , there may be tears for the turkish tourist ???

Back