New in Poole

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesP

Hi, I'm Charles. I live in Poole.

I have been shooting all my life since being brought up on a farm in Yorkshire. Pigeons, partridges, pheasants and the like. 

Recently bitten by the clay pigeon bug, and beginning to improve my hit rate from pathetic to poor. 

Interesting surname Charles. I knew a few around the Barnsley/Doncaster area.

By the way, don't be mislead by the previous post, she's not one of us. From the other side of the hill, you know - the pie-eaters.

Hi, I'm Charles. I live in Poole.

I have been shooting all my life since being brought up on a farm in Yorkshire. Pigeons, partridges, pheasants and the like. 

Recently bitten by the clay pigeon bug, and beginning to improve my hit rate from pathetic to poor. 
Hi Charles, Welcome to the forum and nice to have another Dorset shooter on the forum! There are one or two Dorset shooters on here, Mulliner and Garry2749, they both live over Poole way too, I'm right over in the west of the county though.Mulliner, Garry2749 and I shoot over at Southern Counties quite a bit, where do you shoot?

Hi Les53.

I go to Purbeck Shooting School, just to potter about and try to improve. I'll probably have a go at an informal FITASC one day fairly soon just to see how I get on.

I hear that Southern Counties is going to be a Solar Farm?

Hi Les53.

I go to Purbeck Shooting School, just to potter about and try to improve. I'll probably have a go at an informal FITASC one day fairly soon just to see how I get on.

I hear that Southern Counties is going to be a Solar Farm?
Well it hasn't actually been confirmed that it will be a solar farm, but it will apparently almost certainly be closing down at the end of this year. It's a great shooting ground and closing it down will be a disaster for those of us who shoot Olympic Trap, because once it's gone the nearest OT layout will be up a Cheddar, which is about 1.5 hours from me at least, it's even further for Garry2749 and the other Dorset lads that shoot OT, as most of them live in the east of the county.

One and a half hours is a long journey. And of course a long journey back.

I have never shot there, but I've seen it when visiting Sportsman Guns. It's a shame it's going, it'll leave us with very little in Dorset. I am told there's a small clay shoot at Pilford near Wimborne but I haven't discovered where or when.

One and a half hours is a long journey. And of course a long journey back.

I have never shot there, but I've seen it when visiting Sportsman Guns. It's a shame it's going, it'll leave us with very little in Dorset. I am told there's a small clay shoot at Pilford near Wimborne but I haven't discovered where or when.
As far as Dorset is concerned we will have almost nothing left apart from some straw balers and Purbeck as far as I know, there will be no trap shooting in Dorset at all. It's a pretty sad state of affairs really. My nearest ground will be Axminster, but that's a DTL club and I'd rather not shoot DTL, I've only shot the fast stuff for about the last 18 years or so. The guys in the east of the county can at least shoot ABT over at Fareham without too much travel, but Fareham is a hell of a run for me. The only other place within striking distance is Podimore, the other side of Yeovil, but the only trap shooting they have is DTL again!!

Hi Charlies

I live in wallisdown not far from you and shoot Regulary at Southern with Les.

I also go to Pilford once a month, feel free to get in touch and come along.

Pilford is a great little shoot.  :hunter:   :hunter:   :hunter:

You must try all the disciplines at s.counties while you can as its a great shooting club. As for a Saturday compertion Pilford in Wimeborne is nice a close .

Latest posts

Back