New member from the Highlands

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dug

Hi there, just joined. Looking forward to the crack on these forums, and getting the inside line on our sport's developments. 

Hi Meerkat (imagining a shooter who struggles to keep his head on the stock?),

Thurso to Oxford? You've certainly flown the nest! Or were you just working there for a while, guessing Dounreay? I'm from Kiltarlity, near Inverness, handy for Glenmoriston SG (formally Loch Ness Gun Club) and Highland Deephaven CPC. Nearest I ever got to shooting in Thurso was a wee DTL shoot at Rosehall, nearly thirty years ago! Nearest I ever got to shooting in Oxford was a big OT near Chester, twenty-eight years ago! Those were the days, my friend. Where do you shoot down there?

Yeah I was up at Dounreay. Back down in the tropics now. There were a few shoots up around Thurso. Skeet at Forss business park, DTL in Armadale (think its moved now to Melvich now) and there is simulated game in Halkirk. All good fun places and cheap. Down here there is almost too much choice. From simple Sunday club shoots to CPSA registered Sporting to the big prizes at places like EJ Churchill and Royal Berks.

And yes Meerkat was given to me by the kind shooters at DTL as I would pop up off the stock. Still a habit I have now.

Reactions: Dug

Latest posts

Back