nice side of shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b

Thought i would share a coversation i had with a novice shooter the other day.

Saturday  i went cloudside for some practice and whilst having a brew and a chat,a man overhaerd me talking about the british open and went on to say what a nice day it was.so i asked him if he had shot it,to which he said no i just wanted to see what a major final was like as he only started shooting a few months ago after going on a shooting stag do at kingsley moor.i asked what was it he liked about the british and he said he was amazed at how freindly everyone was especially one of the squads he followed around,and after a bit of interagation i found out it was shaun and emma stacey who he was talking to.I asked him if he wanted to do reg comps in the future as a result of going to the british to watch,and he said definitely. 

So by the looks of things thats at least one more to the shooting competition community as result of being made to feel  welcome by shooters.

On Saturday I also went to Cloudside , sad to say I was continually abused by two Blaser owners  ( no doubt I deserved it) .

But how sad, one of them bought another Blaser.

I was tweeting about this same thing yesterday.  

I gave up playing cricket this year so I could concentrate on improving my shooting, which seems to be going well.

My first registered was in April and I've met so many friendly people who have given me sound advice and let me shoot with them, this has helped massively in my continued development.  

I generally don't go round asking for help but if someone tells me something or offers me advice then I do my upmost to take it on board.

I haven't shot much for quite a few months but still get offers from people to shoot with me that I've shot with in the past... There are some really genuinely friendly characters in shooting. From my limited knowledge, it seems like too small a sport not to be friendly as word does get around quickly...

Being brand new to the sport i can only agree that so far 99% of the people i have met in person and online have been nothing but friendly and helpful, i hope one day i can return the favour :)

I had a Blaser owner take the piss that I only have an MK38 Grade 1 for Competitive shooting. I have this gun because I shoot well with it, and when bits of clay fall and dent the stock, I don't care! 

Just because he had a nice gun and the biggest assortment of chokes I've ever seen, he seemed to think he was gods gift.

Thankfully after finishing the 200 target Essex Masters I was over 30 targets ahead of him.

I shook his hand and left after the shoot, to be greeted by a Facebook request from him when I got home. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Blaser owner take the piss that I only have an MK38 Grade 1 for Competitive shooting. I have this gun because I shoot well with it, and when bits of clay fall and dent the stock, I don't care! 

Just because he had a nice gun and the biggest assortment of chokes I've ever seen, he seemed to think he was gods gift.

Thankfully after finishing the 200 target Essex Masters I was over 30 targets ahead of him.

I shook his hand and left after the shoot, to be greeted by a Facebook request from him when I got home. 
That bloke should have known that  Miroku's have won just about everything over the years! Blaser, although excellent guns, have nothing like the track record that Miroku's have and possibly never will. 

Loved my old miroku 7000. As has been said above. Classic claybusters!

There was a lad shooting with us at the weekend that had an old baikal, couple of his mates were giving him a bit of a ribbing, but he ended up shooting a better score than the both of them. Funnily enough, no jokes after that! ;-)

Gun goes bang,clay gets broke =same result wether you on a 10k k80 or a £200 baikal ,if anyone honestly thinks there gun is going to out do another just because of price they are the real fools.

So ! Wheelchair Farmer, bestest mate in all the World,  are you saying Maurice is a Real Fool? I will tell him when he gets back from Monaco.

Paul, we both know a real fool who has had Perazzi's, Krieghoff's, Boss , H&H, Purdey , Caesar's , AYA,  and still he shoots Miroku.

But of course most people on here know he has a few tiles missing .

Told him before no matter how fancy a shotgun is,it is only as good as the person using it,although if i had the money to through away i would pimp my blaser with some nice ingraving but it wont make me hit any more clays.if i was given another make of gun i would probably go back to my f3 eventualy just like most people go back to there miroku because its a old familiar freind .

Think we are getting into a major thread drift now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back