Old Movie Review

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonko the Sane

Just watched the film 1984 with Hurt / Burton.  Been a number of years, OK a big bunch, since the last viewing.  I had forgotten what a visually terrifying thing it was.  And that it must rank as a Skinnerian behaviorist wet dream of the first order.  I would suspect that it is a centerpiece of the NeoCon indoctrination.  

View at your own risk 

My father worked as the Production Buyer on that film, and I was an extra in the crowd scenes filmed at Alexandra Palace.

film version of George Orwells book funnily enough entitled 1984, "Big Brother is watching you"
The story line was from the '20's.  Orwell coped the plot from "We", a story written by Zamyatin a Ruski ex-pat revolution escapee.  Not exactly the same but the lineage is clear.  And no one ever disputed the connection since Orwell and Zamyatin prolly knew each other in Italy    ---   I was first exposed to "We" in a Russian lit class about 50 yrs ago and the link was not a secret then by any means.

It had this just crazy idea of cameras everywhere  - watching.  Can you imagine .?.?!!!!  What a concept!!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Orwell intended it as cautionary tho as time passes it just gets more prophetic 

The film is very Soviet Russia but when the book was written he had no idea where that was going

The thing continually leaks forward, obviously influencing "Brazil" with that basic fear driven obedience and watching

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back