Package for fox control

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of Howa rifles or Nikko scopes.  The few Howa I've looked at / tried had shoite triggers.  i think all 3 parts of that package you would one day upgrade.

I'm not a fan of Howa rifles or Nikko scopes.  The few Howa I've looked at / tried had shoite triggers.  i think all 3 parts of that package you would one day upgrade.
Haven't got one myself (I use tikka or sako) but I know several who use howa rifles and get on fine with them. 

I've only handled synthetic stock Howa rifles. I know PP doesn't like the plastic feel of synthetic, and for me Howa are the most plasticcy. One felt like it was made of quality street wrappers.  I'm sure they do a wooden stock though.

As for Nikko, my first scope on a .243 was a nikko sterling and it couldn't cope with life on a centre fire.  It was mounted with top quality mounts and rings, so i reckon it was the scope.

I stick to Schmidt and Bender scopes now. 

Thanks guys! I've inherited a .275 Rigby so am putting in for variation (it's in Italy currently) which has a Zeiss scope fitted.. might be a pit punchy for fox though (although ground cleared up to .308)

I don't really get the too much calibre for fox debate. You read about it on rifle forums.  Dead as fook is dead as fook.  You certainly won't be maiming them to slope off and die a painful death.

Whats it like getting ammo for it over here? is that a 7mm08?  no....... 7mm something.

I don't really get the too much calibre for fox debate. You read about it on rifle forums.  Dead as fook is dead as fook.  You certainly won't be maiming them to slope off and die a painful death.

Whats it like getting ammo for it over here? is that a 7mm08?  no....... 7mm something.
To be honest I have no idea how easy it is to get hold of, but it's unlikely I will shoot more than 20 foxes in a year so I hope it won't be a drama..

Latest posts

Back