Racing Legends TV Documentaries over Xmas

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Did anyone else see these over Xmas?  There was one on Jackie Stewart and another on Stirling Moss.  Pretty Good documentaries.  Were there any others that I missed?

The Jackie Stewart one was part filmed at EJ Churchills...

Yes I thought that they were very well done, Jackie is the Master of self promotion and is very good for whoever he represents.Very switched on.

I enjoyed the Stirling one also, nice to know that your Dad will buy you the best that money can buy to forward his sons ambition. Good to see Pat & Erik Carllson in the footage also.

Jackie's autobiography does some good for clayshooting when he mentions his career and North Wales Shooting School.

Remember seing his RR parked up at sealand in the mid 80s must have been a social visit cos we never saw him actually shoot :(

There was one on Colin McRae listed for showing but I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know when it is on or have I missed it?

Vic.

Hi Vic I'm still waiting for the Colin McRea one to be screened also I think its Sir Chris Hoy the cyclist who will be doing the driving challenge but have been checking all the listings to see when its on and nothing yet !!!

I recorded the Stirling Moss episode. Just finished watching it, brilliant, Patrick Stewart looked like he was in heaven.

Here is a good one to watch:-

'Speed Dreams the fastest place on Earth' Channel 4 Episode 1 was last Sunday  number 2 is this coming Sunday but you can catch up on IPlayer  it is the story of man's obsession with speed and Bonneville Salt Flats. Follows a number of Brits in their obsession, very good viewing.

A good film to watch is "The worlds fastest Indian" starring Sir Anthony Hopkins as Burt Munro from New Zealand who travels to Bonneville Salt Flats to break the land speed record for streamlined bikes under 1,000cc.  He achieved 190mph on his qualifying run.

There was one on Colin McRae listed for showing but I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know when it is on or have I missed it?

Vic.
Hi Vic

According to the tv listing the Colin McRea prog is to be screened on 27/01/13 sunday night bbc 2 @ 10pm after being postponed from 28th dec it says in the tv times :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back