Ride on mulching mowers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Our ride on mower is dying.

Does anyone have experience of the mulching type, are they any good and do they really not leave any visible grass cutting ?

I am sick of keep emptying the grass box and if I use the topper on the tractor it leaves so much grass its a real mess.

Any reccomendations for one suitable for a one acre lawn ?

Unless you are anal and never let the grass get more than 3 cms high :wink: you walk the crap back in the house. Great for parkland but you need a collection mower for lawns....IMHO (and I have tried it ages ago).

I ....like you probably thought .....I am sick of having big grass heaps. Just think back to the old push the mower days and that puts it in perspective. Just buy the biggest Mo Fo you can with auto tip box and you are sorted.

P.s. Honda are great...I have not broken them yet and I ride mine over all sorts of stuff and some times into trees if I am in a rush and on a mission. Only thing that slightly pees me off is the auto cut off when you jump off to shift furniture or things...!

They tried to sell me one. I just can't believe it can work on long grass, but didn't try it..
Exactly my thoughts and our caravan site field does get quite long sometimes especially when shooting gets in the way of my sat and sundays :)

P.s. Honda are great...I have not broken them yet and I ride mine over all sorts of stuff and some times into trees if I am in a rush and on a mission. Only thing that slightly pees me off is the auto cut off when you jump off to shift furniture or things...!
Current one is quite a big countax job which has been a bag of cack from day one (it was bought used in a moment of madness, not by me by mrs ips, I would have bought new) we spent a fortune on it being so called repaired two years ago but its still a bag of cack. Cuts ok but the brush and grass box don't do what there sposed to. I tried the topper on the Massey but it makes such a mess with grass everywere. I am now totally fed up and a new one is required. So to mulch or not to mulch that is the question ?

Ever thought of sheep?  No! Not in that way!  :fie:

Buy small sheep, nice and cheap. Watch your grass stay short. Sheep get big on your grass, sell sheep when grass stops growing for a profit. You can even eat them. More than can be said about ride-on mowers!

Only two problems with sheep. They escape easy and die easy. Bit like a mower breaking down, but you can't rely on anything these days??

You can even give them all names.    :biggrin:   (The sheep, not the mowers. That would be weird!!)

Its a thought TD .......... BUT not a good one :)

PS

A farmer friend is looking into a cylinder mower to tow behind the Massey. I said to him yesterday "if anyone can find me something at not much money its you" he replied (typical farmer) "you have to when you don't have much money" I replied "and this from the man who has just parked up in his brand spanking new tricked up crew cab pick up" bloody farmers :)

:music:

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-54-0-74407000-1404141887.jpg                                                     
post-54-0-36382200-1404142041.jpg

Attachments

• Lawns 009.JPG
    Lawns 009.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Lawns 011.JPG
    Lawns 011.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 0
Ever thought of sheep? No! Not in that way! :fie:

Buy small sheep, nice and cheap. Watch your grass stay short.

You can even give them all names. :biggrin: (The sheep, not the mowers. That would be weird!!)
Yes....call them Lots, Of, Sh it, Under, Your, Feet.Baaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back