Rio 2016 Hopeful coached by Peter Wilson

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no such thing as bad publicity......good for her ...!

Hope she goes for OT or OSK otherwise she will not get there :smile:

A hotty for the sport.....

Sorry but yes I do read the Sun and the Daily Mail.

Any one see the article with Malanie Sykes having a lesson with Peter Wilson and now destined for the next Olypics? Didn't know it was that easy.

Might enter too.

There is a pretty well known theory from a chap called Bayli where he asserts it takes 10,000 hours to reach world class performance.

On that reckoning Ms Sykes will need to train 9 hours a day, 7 days a week to amass the time needed to make selection a possibility.

Joking aside I do hope she keeps it up ;)

Olympics or not, it can only be positive for Clay Shooting having well known celebrities involved in the sport!

I posted about this on ShootClay yesterday - http://shootclay.co.uk/2013/02/04/melanie-sykes-gets-coached-by-peter-wilson/ - and the story got picked by melanie Sykes who retweeted us - the site has had a number of new twitter followers since yesterday!

The old saying 'all publicity is good publicity' seems to ring true!

if you go to the sun page - the interview with her and Peter Wilson is great fun!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4777253/Mels-all-Syked-up-to-star-at-Olympics.html#ooid=tpZTEyOTq4_TefNhIASrfQFK5kLwLUt

just watched the film on your link,how nice to see somebody so exited about our sport regardles of wether they are famous or not.Well done peter willson in making a enjoyable lesson for melanie sykes, looks like you both enjoyed it.

Melanie sykes ....... never heard of her, who she ???

Oh,,,,, call me an arse but I thought the woman on the boddy's add was that sort on corrie who goes out with peter barlow (not that I watch soaps, mrs ips makes me watch them ............. honest) dont know how I got to that ????

There is a pretty well known theory from a chap called Bayli where he asserts it takes 10,000 hours to reach world class performance. On that reckoning Ms Sykes will need to train 9 hours a day, 7 days a week to amass the time needed to make selection a possibility. Joking aside I do hope she keeps it up ;)
Glad to see someone else knows the 10,000 hour rule....we have discussed this before on some of the other threads. Matthew S wrote a good easy book about it called Bounce.

Oh,,,,, call me an arse but I thought the woman on the boddy's add was that sort on corrie who goes out with peter barlow (not that I watch soaps, mrs ips makes me watch them ............. honest) dont know how I got to that ????

She's had a pretty varied career - but no Corrie that I can see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_sykes - the key thing is that she is a very popular, very tabloid friendly - and the more of those people we get out clay shooting can only be a positive for the sport.

Glad to see someone else knows the 10,000 hour rule....we have discussed this before on some of the other threads. Matthew S wrote a good easy book about it called Bounce.
I have that book on my Amazon list at the moment - is it good?

Peter is an ambassador for H&H this year. Nice coat. Miss Sykes was modelling a Holland Sporting O/U.

I have that book on my Amazon list at the moment - is it good?
Matt don't buy it i have two copies you can borrow it...and anyone else who wants to. it can be a pass around book.

I will give it to you and when you have read it put on here so the next person who wants to read it can do. :)

Nic - that's great, thanks. I was just about to order for my Kindle, but I'll happily pay it forward to others.

Latest posts

Back