Scottish Airgun Fee

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see a problem. Anything that hinders yobbos from acquiring air guns is Imo a good thing and long overdue. £20 is a box of decent match pellets (near enough) so ain't gonna break the bank. Plus anyone who has to be licenced to do anything in life generally conducts him or herself much better in all aspects as you have a responsibility to retain said licence and the good name and reputation of your fellow licence holders. Personally I would implement the same criteria to possess air guns as shotguns.

Sort of agree. Especially in Scotchland ? .

Does that mean they can go beyond the 12ft lbs then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I new that would get your attention?. 

It makes sense then to get a fac which is prob cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see a problem. Anything that hinders yobbos from acquiring air guns is Imo a good thing and long overdue. £20 is a box of decent match pellets (near enough) so ain't gonna break the bank. Plus anyone who has to be licenced to do anything in life generally conducts him or herself much better in all aspects as you have a responsibility to retain said licence and the good name and reputation of your fellow licence holders. Personally I would implement the same criteria to possess air guns as shotguns.
I think you may be presuming a level of ethical behavior that is possibly inconsistent with the actual world.  And lack of license doesn't seem to constitute any real deterrent to the motivated.

JMO of course

Do you need one for a NERF??

What aboutva spud gun?

How about Crossbows?

I've also heared that sticky Vicky has csncelled her tour of Glasgow.. 

If anybody uses an air rifle for pest control, or as a regular hobby, then £72 for 5 years is not an excessive amount to pay. What it might do is deter the people who have an airgun "somewhere" in the house that they never use. They will then have the choice to keep it - by buying a license - or selling it. If they choose to keep it without buying a license, and they get caught using it, then that £72 will seem like a very small amount to have paid! :cry:

Do the pellets have to go on a cert as well?

It just seems expensive £72. That's more than fac and shotgun cert. It makes sense to put them on a FAC and get the extra power. I also don't really get why there are all these different rules and policies in different countries as we are supposed to be Great Britain. We don't want that here. The firearms offices within the police cannot cope with simple renewals with Essex now doing them over the phone to get rid of a backlog.

Latest posts

Back