Shot string !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

At last I have actually seen one ! I was marking a round of trap and one of the targets was a 45 degree left to right. Anyway the shot string showed perfectly for two shots for one person from the same post (1) must have been the way the sun hit the shot  maybe nickeled ? Any way it was about three or four feet long a elongated from the front to back like stretched tear drop it did not move and disappeared as instantly as it appeared.

If what you saw was : "three or four feet long a elongated from the front to back like stretched tear drop" then I am afraid it wasn't the shot string even though that is exactly what a shot string is, the notion that you'd see it that way is rather unlikely. What you'd see is a small fuzzy blur for an instant.

If what you saw was : "three or four feet long a elongated from the front to back like stretched tear drop" then I am afraid it wasn't the shot string even though that is exactly what a shot string is, the notion that you'd see it that way is rather unlikely. What you'd see is a small fuzzy blur for an instant.
Sorry I saw a shot string there is no doubt... maybe your angle and perspective was different. Funnily enough my wife was watching me shoot at Lonato and described exactly what you have seen... she was sitting in an entirely different position to me in very different light and saw it in an entirely different place ?

I saw what you are talking about in italy a couple of years ago,i thought it looked like a shiney swarm of tiney bees.

haven't seen the shot string as such but have seen the shot itself.

Seen it plenty of times.  Usually as the light falls and the sun is behind the shooter.  

Just call me Hawkeye  ;)

Seen it plenty of times.  Usually as the light falls and the sun is behind the shooter.  

Just call me Hawkeye  ;)
In this instance the sun was just coming up. It had been a stormy start to the day and what sun there was came from behind as a shaft of light onto an otherwise dark foreground. I can only describe the vision as being like a stroboscopic effect, the shot string went through an area that was struck by the shaft of intense sunlight. I only happened twice and it was from the same post.

was there not an advert for Blazer showing some shooting, sure you could see the shot in that

I've witnessed shot string once. It was on a round of skeet when someone shot at high one and the cartridge had no powder in it. the primer pushed the wad and shot out about 6" and we saw a perfect shot string as it fell to the ground. 

The only time you will see the mythical shot string, is if someone has loaded a cartridge with mixed size of shot. The smaller shot slows quicker giving the appearance of a shot string.

At last I have actually seen one ! I was marking a round of trap and one of the targets was a 45 degree left to right. Anyway the shot string showed perfectly for two shots for one person from the same post (1) must have been the way the sun hit the shot  maybe nickeled ? Any way it was about three or four feet long a elongated from the front to back like stretched tear drop it did not move and disappeared as instantly as it appeared.
As you were able to see AND he fired 2 shots I guess he was "BEHIND IT" then   ??     :angel:

As you were able to see AND he fired 2 shots I guess he was "BEHIND IT" then   ??     :angel:
You miss understand he took two shots from the same post ... but not at the same target... broke both targets. Thing is the vision was so fleeting that I could not have said where he was shooting had he missed it was a very wide crossing target.

The only time you will see the mythical shot string, is if someone has loaded a cartridge with mixed size of shot. The smaller shot slows quicker giving the appearance of a shot string.
would scarified shot have same effect I wonder ?

I like to use the multicolored shot loads so it looks like a rainbow.  Makes for a fine contrast against the orange clay.  Quite festive.

Latest posts

Back