Spanish Grand Prix

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VicW

A wonderful present for Frank Williams on his 70th birthday with Maldonado on the front row in second place.

What an unusual qualifying with Red Bull cocking up Webber's Q2 and drivers opting not to put in a timed lap in Q3 to give them more tyres for the race.

I am not convinced that having two types of tyre for each race is the way to go.I think it might be better to have one type of fairly soft tyre that will not last a race distance and then let the teams work around that.

They should have the same quantity of tyres that they have now.

Hamilton looks very strong so he is my bet for the race win but watch Alonso off the grid,he is a very strong starter and seems to have an improved car and if that's the case surely Massa is on borrowed time.

Vic.

Yes, a good one. Weirdly, a dark horse for a good run could be Senna in the other Williams. If the team can get a decent set up on it, he has a LOT of fresh tyres left.. He will need to keep his nose clean in the first few laps though..

Hope I get back from Hornet in time to see it live!

CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Hamilton has had his pole position taken away for the team violating the rules about having enough fuel to get back to the pits.

He stopped his car out on the track after his pole lap and McClaren wouldn't say why.

It appears that they thought the car may not have had enough fuel for the mandatory sample to be taken.

Their excuses were ignored by the stewards and Hamilton will start from the back of the grid.

Is it time for a first modern day Lotus victory?

Vic.

If memory serves, the same happened in Cananda in 2010. That time, he was allowed to keep his grid place, but the team were fined $10,000. Different stewards, different interpretations........ :frown: I guess it will test his mental fortitude! Bloody stupid mistake though.

wonder if the bookies will now pay the 200-1 on maldonado for pole ;)

Yes the team should know better, they seem to have had a few mistakes lately that cost them. good to see Williams doing well, should be an interesting race.

Didn't Maldonado do well and Williams out manoeuvred Ferrari on the first pitstops,good stuff.

A couple more laps and we might have had Raikkonen second.

By the way If you run into the back of someone and your name is Schumacher it's the guy in fronts fault.

Monaco in two weeks.

Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still watching on sky plus :( looks like they escaped any serious injuries. Worse possible garage to go up with all the celebrations and Sir Frank in a wheelchair.

Brilliant result for Williams, well overdue.

Bad one for me - Button and Di Resta blew out and only Kimi brought in any £ but not enough to cover the losses.

Roll on Monaco

Alonso joint leader of driver's championship in what is not yet even the fourth best car on the grid! Strange difference of race pace between Lewis and Jenson.

Fantastic result and some very good driving all round except for Schuey. Told you Di Resta would register on Ferrari radar :smile: , they don't yet need a front runner, just a solid learner with a star future.

Thing is, Ferrari don't employ "newer" drivers. If Massa is given the boot at the end of this season, who'll replace him? Can't see it being Di Resta or Perez just yet.

Ferrari like 2nd drivers who are bright enough to know they're playing a support role, like Massa with Kimi/Schumacher or naturally slow enough not to interfere with no.1 like Ruben/Irvine :p . I'd like to see Di Resta play the long game and Ferrari would be a good home I feel, IF he gets the call obviously.

I'd rather watch paint dry, F1 is soooooooooooo boring now, lets get back to how it was in the 70's when it was the driver who did the racing, not his support crew.

Made me chuckle, Les! Ha ha! You blatantly haven't seen a race since then by the sound of it!

Latest posts

Back