Speaking of Football

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonko the Sane

A few weeks ago I was quite surprised by the appearance of Manchester City's new kit.  Easily the gayest (not that there is anything wrong with that) looking kit on the scene.  I wonder how it feels to see your mates look like that and still man up for the game?  

When I first saw it the instant impression I had was that it looked like something the singer's girlfriend designed.

Assuming you're talking about the yellow/pink one? I'm summising from memory that you're not based in the uk and as such you might not be aware that pink is a particularly fashionable colour for men? As it stands, when pink started being worn in the early 19th century, it used to be worn by boys only and blue for girls as pink was seen as a colour of power.

Guessing some things don't span the pond. Just saying. :)

That's interesting.  No, it doesn't seem to have spanned the pond. tho there is no particular onus to the man/pink thing here actually as pink was quite a popular man-color a couple decades ago and still appears.  I notice that, but my sample is small, the pinkish shirts that Manchester United were sporting not long ago seem to have been retrofitted with the proper red again.  They seem to play better in red as well.

I still think the Manchester City kit is less than the old and it may well be the cause of their somewhat inconsistent performance.

IIRC, not to tell any tales, it seems in my antique memory as tho there was some reference by jwpzx9r to a Leicester City F.C. affiliation.

I could be wrong of course

And I noticed that Manchester City was playing in some rather more traditional looking grey sorta kit last week.   Did Manchester United have a boot sale?

Even with the Man Utd Supporters Group acknowledging that City are now the bigger global club, I don't think the blues would use such a pony excuse as a grey kit to justify losing a game. If anything, United are more likely to take City's hand-me-downs. 😄

It's been difficult for me to get all teary eyed over ManUtd problems since they let that arse Mourinho screw over the team and Rooney in particular.  The prospect that Arsenal would take that creature on is nothing less than appalling considering his history in the Premier League.  I mean, WTF!!!

actually the only results that are of any ongoing concern is the hope that Liverpool loses.  Even ManUtd came close to taking them and that was realllllly satisfying.

JMO of course

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back