Steamy Windows

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys and girls.

I currently use a pair of Oakley Radar Range glasses for shooting.

I use two sets of lenses. The g26 iridium and the persimmon lens.

I mainly use the g26 which I think is great. My problem is that my lenses seam to steam up in hot weather or, at times, when the adrenaline kicks in and I feel myself getting hot.

I am naturally a hot person (no funny comments there) and shoot in a t shirt and skeet vest for most of the year.

I only wear a cap when absolutely necessary. And I have bought a golfing visor, with the centre missing to allow more air flow.

Can anyone suggest any other ways to stop the fogging on the lenses?

Someone advised that the Pilla glasses do not steam up, but I do not want to spend £500 to find out they do the same thing.

Any suggestions please.

Thank.

POL.

Antimist visor lens cleaner as used by bikers and motor racers.

I am the same.
My pillas get steamed up when the pressure is on.
I take them off between stands clean them and put them back on as I enter the stand.
As you say no hat unless totally necessary for the sun.

Alcohol will normally do the trick.

A few drops of vodka on a clean cloth and wipe the lenses over before you go will usually help fine ?   :eek:

Not the flavoured type as this has added sugars,also causes a stir in your kit bag as you go round the course with ya squad :spiteful:

Some of the Oakley lenses have small cutouts - vents - towards the top edge where they meet the frame, that I believe are meant to help with this sort of thing.  While I won't suggest taking a Dremel to your lenses (well, if you're brave enough or have some spares to practice with, go for it), you may be able to get some replacement lenses with the vents to fit your existing frame for less than the cost of a whole new set of glasses.  Could be an option?

Alternatively, if you can get the lenses to heat up a bit in the sun before you put them on, so that they are a little warmer (hotter? sorry!) than you are, they may not mist up as much.

Latest posts

Back