Sticks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Hey guys, looking for sticks/tripod suggestions.  Are the 120 quid ones really worth it?  All ideas welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

I made mine and they are perfect.  I prefer a 4 stick set up for super stability. 

4 Mid weight plastic coated garden sticks from B&Q.  4 bolts. 2 lengths of cord.

I used to have some pipe lagging and leccy tape on the top of the sticks where the rifle rests. not only as a bit of padding for the rifle but to stop the sticks making any noise when you carry them.  I've removed those now.  The rifles don't need the padding, and i've put a rubber ring (lambing castration ring :)  ) every 10-12 inches on each stick. 

My cousin favours a 2 stick set up. 2 of the same garden canes and 10 inches from the top they pass through a bit of bike inner tube that has been doubled over. I've used them, and they're also great. 

edit: i copied the design from this video a few years ago:

Tripod will be alright, but i normally find when I'm deer stalking, that although sedate pace, you're on you're feet for a couple of hours and when you get to the shot you need to control your breathing etc.  If you're only supporting the front of the rifle it's still tricky to stop the stock end moving. 4 leg sticks remove that wobble :)

I've just sold some harris bipods to make way for a javelin magnetic bipod system.

I enjoyed watching that but they're cheap to buy ready made.

What's cheap? Mine cost me 8 quid and 15 minutes of my time.
To be honest for the sake of another score I'd prefer the shop bought variety, besides even if I was happy with the poverty spec  :lol:  where am I gonna find 15 minutes of your time ?  :lol:

Latest posts

Back