Thursday evening sportrap at Shoreham

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Put on by the Hickstead mob.

Tucked in a grassy valley about 400metres off the Shoreham/Steyning the access road is not ideally suited to a low slung sports car but it can be done. Open from 16:00 to 20:00 ( or thereabouts ) I made it to the ground at about 17:30. It turned out to be a friendly shoot with shoots ranging across the board in skill level. 5 traps throwing 2 crossers, 2 long incommers and one going away provided the entertainment. I managed to stand in on 6 rounds getting through just over. 150 cartridges and hitting between 15/25 and 21/25 with the 21 on a round where we took all the pairs as sims! Top gun for the evening was either a 23 or a 24.

Apart from a fair number of Bovine Landmines the field is hazard free and lushly grassed. Plenty of parking. The team provided sausage rolls and burgers along with tea and coffee. Somewhere to change out of my office gear would have been useful though.

A fun shoot and a good way to spend Thursday evenings! Well worth a visit.

( Good luck to one of the blokes who had left home to go and fetch take-out and had somehow ended up at the shooting ground. )

Last edited by a moderator:
You may well have crossed paths with Mr Hoskins as he was also there yesterday evening and enjoyed himself. He came away with 92.

I wouldn't know Mr Hoskins from Adam but there was at least one bloke who was hitting everything in sight!

I think I got 110x150 or thereabouts, could have done a little better, threw away some very simple ones.

Must see if i can get over there one Thursday ....  

due some time off, so it should  be possible  

Mart

Must see if i can get over there one Thursday ....  

due some time off, so it should  be possible  

Mart

As the weather was looking good and I fancied a practice before The Classic, I drove down from work to have a go at this.
Need eagle eyes for the signs (the instructions on the website are for people driving from the south: I was coming from the north)
5 stand sportrap set up in a valley, 25 targets £7.50. Free tea and BBQ
Need FIBREWAD. Had to buy Blue Diamond for £6. Very thumpy
Nice targets, great for a bit of practice. Shot 18 and 23.
I'm happy to recommend this as a good thing if you fancy firing off a few cartridges midweek/after work
Remember - FIBREWAD

What gnasher failed to say is that she pitched up, shot two rounds and calmly beat out every blokes score up to that point!

Showed us what for! :) :)

Nice shooting!

Still I was happy with a 21/25 and several rounds just a little bit worse than that averaging out at 71% of 150 birds hit.

I really must stop throwing away easy targets!

Latest posts

Back