Training Shooting Instructors

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

The Guild of Shooting Instructors

As the interest in shooting increases, so does the need for top quality, consistent, professional instruction. This is essential for those learning to shoot or wishing to improve existing skills.

The Guild of Shooting Instructors is an association dedicated to providing the highest levels of instruction, professionalism, and service.
Due to numerous enquiries regarding the process of becoming a shooting instructor, The Guild will be holding a number of one day training courses to give an insight into the requirements needed to deliver a quality shooting lesson, based on confident, competent and above all safe instructional techniques.

The Guild was founded and built upon a strong ethos of quality instruction, and would like to encourage potential coaches to adopt the skills required to continue this tradition.
The day will not instantly turn you into an instructor, or give you a formal qualification. However, it will provide a foundation to develop professional coaching attributes that will lead to you becoming a highly skilled instructor.
During the day you will be trained and monitored by Guild Assessor / Instructors, leading to an assessment and critique of your skills. This will in turn form an action plan for improvement if necessary.

A certificate of attendance will be issued to add to your coaching portfolio, indicating the first steps to becoming a highly

skilled professional instructor.
Anyone feeling that they already have sufficient experience and skills and wish to join the Guild of Shooting Instructors, are invited to apply for and undertake an assessment and interview by contacting The Secretary. .
All interest regarding the one day courses, should be registered through a Guild member or by contacting the Guild Secretary, Mr Peter Harris at [email protected]

All contact details can also be obtained by visiting the Guild website at - www.shootinginstructors.co.uk

I would just like to post some praise for Peter and the Guild of shooting instructors. 

Over the Easter holiday I spent most of a day with Peter and a gentleman finally qualifying with the guild. It was friendly, professional, informative and enjoyable while most importantly safe.

We spent the time at Oak edge shooting ground in Staffordshire which was an excellent venue and had good facilities.

There was no rush and all was nice and relaxed. Some warmer weather would have been nice but that sadly is out of everyone’s control.

I spent my time shooting under the guidance / direction / coaching of the new instructor and worked on my quartering incoming birds which last year plagued me a bit at my regular weekly shoot.

I would happily recommend any newbie to the sport to approach Peter and the guild for lessons / tuition starting out and also for those wishing to brush up skills or iron out issues in their shooting.

Once again many thanks Peter

Regards

Matt

Latest posts

Back