Two Bridges Shooting Club - Princetown, Dartmoor

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

This is for the benefit of anyone else who would like to join an affordable small clay shooting club that meets every Sunday, subject to the weather, from 10am to 12pm on the western side of Dartmoor.

The ground is up on the high moor but adjacent to the Two Bridges Hotel which is an excellent hostelery to repair to after shooting.

The club is small and as it has no power relies on manual traps but this does not detract from the fun of shooting and the fluffy rabbits.

The setting is lovely and must be fantastic in the summer as you shoot over a shallow moorland valley with one of the River Dart tributaries in front of you, more like an upland stream at this point than a river.

The club is CPSA registered and has 2 qualified safety officers and whilst they hold competitions there are no registered events.

I shot 50 cartridges as a probabtionary member for the princely sum of £6 which will be less once I have joined.

Naturally in the winter quite a few Sundays are lost to bad weather but yesterday was fine with no wind and the clays were evidently nowhere near as tricky as normal when the wind blows down the south west facing valley and the clays dodge and weave about!

Its a DIY operation by the members who were all very welcoming and great fun, with convenient great lumps of granite to hide the trappers behind and keep them safe rather than straw bales.  The members all seemed to be game shooters and/or beaters

I will be going again!

I must take my camera so I can upload a pic of the view

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back