Which hide net

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

My pigeon hide nets are knackered (thanks mice) although I was never hugely impressed with them

ideas for replacements appreciated!

I use 2. One is a light coloured green/ brown/khaki colour, plastic scrim and nylon net, aprox 12ft. x 6ft.  The other is just a piece of plastic scrim (no net) in a dark green/dark brown colour. I use both, one over the other, the front one being the most appropriate colour for the background. I got mine at various fairs during the summer, around 12 years ago. Both around £15 at the time. Have a look on that bidding site thingy !  

Try item nos. 181337123459,   151973112937. to get you started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nets.??. Old hat. Get a larger piece as you need of the real tree blind material. Light to carry, folds up small and well it's an unfair advantage really. Pigeons just do not see you.  £20 - £25.

Jasper.

Sporting gun magazine did an experiment years ago with someone decoying with a hide made from that bright orange net that's used on building site's and roadworks. It made absolutely no difference. 

Mmmmm yep . Sounds like my nephew , who decided to go and shoot the fox which was taking the chickens. In a high viz  coat. 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep maybe . Except he couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces😂

Nets.??. Old hat. Get a larger piece as you need of the real tree blind material. Light to carry, folds up small and well it's an unfair advantage really. Pigeons just do not see you.  £20 - £25.

Jasper.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah   !  BUT do they do one with a CHEESE flavour, he has hungry mouths to feed  !      :lol:    

Latest posts

Back