Why is my puppy so distructive!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

I have a happy, healthy, well looked after cocker pup who is 6 months old.  She is coming along well with training and has various toys which she like to play with, however latterly she is hell being in destroying them. 

Fortunately she hadn't attached anything of value and only had a brief stint of eating the dining room carpet, but it's a little annoying, her latest tough toy, a John Norris Duck has lasted less than an hour,

I have a happy, healthy, well looked after cocker pup who is 6 months old.  She is coming along well with training and has various toys which she like to play with, however latterly she is hell being in destroying them. 

Fortunately she hadn't attached anything of value and only had a brief stint of eating the dining room carpet, but it's a little annoying, her latest tough toy, a John Norris Duck has lasted less than an hour,
Everything is normal. 

cockers are little beggers, this is just the start ?

Got a springer that can devour soft toys in seconds. Rawhide bones his own body weight in minutes. 

Those kong things are ghe only thing that can take longer than a week.

Fortunately doesn"t touch anything that's not his.  

Deer horn and buffalo horn last a bit longer - but when they have been chewed for a while they can end up like razors so your friendly excited dog can become as dangerous when greeting you as a sabre toothed tiger

Deer horn and buffalo horn last a bit longer - but when they have been chewed for a while they can end up like razors so your friendly excited dog can become as dangerous when greeting you as a sabre toothed tiger
I tried the  Pup on Deer Horn, clearly it’s too much like hard work for her and she has moved on to other things...

It appears that you introduced her/him to chewing hard stuff and are reaping the rewards. Oh the joys of having a dog!!!

The deer horn worked well from teething onwards for my boy - he still loves them - he also did a bit of skirting board nibbling and the corners of rubber mats -  not exactly being destructive - agreed on how good those kongs are - he still gets occasional frozen ones - loves them

The deer horn worked well from teething onwards for my boy - he still loves them - he also did a bit of skirting board nibbling and the corners of rubber mats -  not exactly being destructive - agreed on how good those kongs are - he still gets occasional frozen ones - loves them
I seemed to recall that we had a similar problem many years ago, I think he stopped when he started school though  !

Latest posts

Back