ISSF No coverage 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This event is owned by the IOC. There can be only one set of cameras. The television rights are sold to each country for distribution. The feeds go to a producer who decides which camera to cut to. You can't show silent pictures so a commentator has to be present to talk over any live coverage. There are 20 sky channels being freed up but it won't just go to the internet for free. You can chop up the output later and talk over it but I don't see how you can just "watch" without tickets. I doubt you can wield a video camera and stream it. At previous Olympics you'd think you could buy a DVD later but I've never found one - there seems to be no marketing organisation when the event's ended.

Red button coverage is the only hope and then it will be the much vaunted finals. Even so it will probably be retrospective to avoid realtime delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen if there is a schedule for when shooting events are on the BBC? I've just had 24 channels add themselves to the freeview box so hoping to put some in a timer to watch.

If you have an iPhone/iPad it looks like you can stream their coverage and see results through their ap. It looks rather comprehensive but I can't see what parts will be streamed. It does show all sports and breaks them down by event and time. Worth a look

Last time I read about viewing was through Shooting Times, BBC stated that no shooting will be on TV but will be available to watch on the internet through I-Player.

chiefy

no live coverage of the qualifiers says so on the bbc sport site - doesnt make it clear about the finals

The new issue of the BBC Radio Times has an Olympic Supplement listing their coverage of the games including shooting.

There is also a lot of coverage on the BBC website which also covered in the supplement.

Unless,however,unless some new filming technique has been discovered I am not sure that trap and skeet shooting are exactly spectator sports.

Vic.

not according to the bbc site, it lists the events and says no video coverage, whether thats just for that specific site or not, i dont know.

i saw some issf skeet on espn the other year and they did manage to jazz it up a bit with some decent graphics, enough for me to watch it

ok first one to watch out for:

Sunday 2pm Womens Skeet final SKY 461, Digital Decoder 301

First Gold of the London 2012 Games has just happened and as per tradition it was a shooting Gold.

Women's 10m air rifle was won by Sling Yi of China.

ISSF Facebook page has the real time scores going (linked to 2012 page) and they announced the medals as instantly as the BBC did ....who were in fact showing the final on BBC1.

Rifle shooting does not do it for me.....but it was nice to watch and it was a nail biting final.

I hope they show more on TV of our side of the sport.

However people, it is nice to know that the ISSF is doing its best to get us the live ticker even if they cannot show video. I for one like to know the result as soon as it happens....then I will scream it all over Facebook and here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back