.22 RF subsonic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was once  , I went home when I’d done that 😂  .  Im going to get some 3” gongs and set them up at 50 , 75 , and 100 . Then I’m going to try prone , sitting , kneeling , with sticks , with bipod , off hand with the sling .  It’s 25 years since I last had a rifle so my technique needs a lot of work to be consistent . Something bigger will be on the cards . I did the BASC firearms awareness course in November when I applied for the Sec1 and we used some really nice ( and potent)  centre-fires and techniques  . I’m hoping to keep on the same DIY syndicate next year , and the land there has potential for safe  200 yard plus  shots  . 

You need to do the same test at 50m to get a better idea of how well it will group, I've done target rifle for twenty years and most .22 ammo will give good groups indoors at 25yrd, it's 50m plus that it shows how good it really is.

Can't work out what diameter the 10 is, but 50m ISSF shooting the 10ring is 10.4mm diameter and the top athletes were getting 60 shoots within that shooting prone quite regular. Unfortunatley prone only is not a Olympic disipline anymore, it's all 3 position now

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice . I was going to put a target up on Friday on our syndicate shoot land , however it’s so wet and muddy. I just couldn’t be bothered .  The farmland next door to home  is sink  up to your axles wet as well , and it’s too cold for me 🥶.  I have a 3rd permission. Where I might be able to set up in a barn , and shoot out ,  later this week . The other option is to  have a day out to Brandesburton soon and use their 50 metre outdoor range ( electronic scoring ) then shoot some clays on the tower.  Problem is being retired I seem to have less free time than when I was working 😂

I always use Eley subs, CCI are considerably noisier and don’t seem anywhere near as accurate or consistent 

Latest posts

Back