Another refugee

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guss

Hi All, Guss here, occasional poster on the other place Version 1 and amused spectator of Version 2 - seems a little more civilised here so i thought I'd join in again. Will probably do more reading than writing unless provoked.../wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Evening Guss, and welcome/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif Fuzrat

Welcome aboard Guss - hope you enjoy the new place - any issues, please let me know. Now we just need to work out how to provoke you into action :D

Guy - do you shoot at Valley View? We may have shot together there.

Well if you really want to know, I am guaranteed to be provoked by comments like 1) all haybalers are dangerous, their customers are idiots and the targets are all floppers; 2) nobody who is AA class or below has the right to an opinion and 3) homeopathy is real science.OK for starters? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif   

Hi Guss, 1, As a Skeet shooter that shoots haybales I have to say I have only come across one that I deemed risky and chose not to shoot but all the others I have enjoyed and have had no issue whatsoever with and they represent the majority of shooters who just go out to shoot but not competively via the CPSA but shoot against friends :D   IIRC only 5-10% of clay shooters are members of the CPSA.2, I'm C class at everything ESK, SKD, SKD and STR but enjoy shooting with my friends, I may be crap as a newish shooter but still have an opinion ;)3, I don't know enough to comment . but I wouldn't run anyone down for their beliefs as i respect them.  Try and ram it down my throat then that's a different matter :)  Get posting :)  Jon.

Never shot Valley View, occasionally at Sywell, Doveridge and Kingsley Moor but mostly at haybalers and the club shoot I help to run.  One day I will have the time to shoot competitively but too much family stuff to do at the moment.

Jeez i wish I'd never mentioned the homeopathy now, guaranteed to bring out the nutters...../wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif 

Well..if you really want to know..A lot of herbal medicine is sh*t, you are right, but not all of it...a quarter of prescription medicines are based on plant extracts.  This is way worse than herbal medicines though.Homeopathic medicines  are made by serially diluting the 'active' substance to such a degree that no molecules of the original substance remains (like one gramme of the substance in all the water in the world - honestly) and relying on the entirely mythical theory that the water remains a 'memory' of the original substance and will cure all ills with a few drops on the tongue.  It is a multimillion pound industry, and it is all bull the only effect it can have is placebo. Doesn't stop them ripping off and endangering seriously ill people who stop taking their proper drugs though.This site pretty much sums it all up if you are interested: http://www.1023.org.uk/ And there's me thinking i was going to lurk here quietly!

Hi Tony, long time no see.  Same number and I do have a facebook, but don't spend much time there TBH.Will prob see you next weekend at Lou's for the charity shoot? We are getting there early - I reckon it will be a busy one.

No can do mate, I'm living in Sunningdale now, I'd love to get up there but money is tight at the moment. Shoot well mate and add me on FB when you are on next, Tony loveslisa wells is my name on there.

Back