Barrels dropping

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_3

Hi all. I wonder if anyone can help. I've been analysing some shotkam footage today and I've notice a common issue that results in a miss. All looks good until 3 or 4 frames before I pull the trigger but then the barrels suddenly drop making me miss below. Is this a common issue?
I don't do it all the time and it happens intermittently on the same target. This is leading me to thing that I'm tugging /snatching at the trigger!!!! Any insight please?

Hello Dave, as I was reading that I was thinking "trigger snatching" as it's a common fault in the rifle/pistol shooting fraternity.
I don't think it's as common with us clay shooters but someone out there should be able to advise

1723564708791.png

Hi Dave, I think that you are likely flinching in anticipation of recoil. Flexing your muscles in order to "catch" the abrupt movement that you are expecting to result from pulling the trigger. Many muscles involved and likely you dip forward a bit, thus aiming lower when you do this.

While trigger pull movement is indeed an issue in pistol shooting, I would personally not attribute much movement of a shouldered three+ foot bangstick held with both hands to one finger, so I wouldn't be to concerned with how you pull the trigger.

Have a mate load for you - and occasionally slipping in a dummy. That should tell you if and when you flinch.

Back