Misfire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did that happen? Went off after opening the gun?
Sadly no, as I was just explaining elsewhere it came down to me being stupid and careless. I followed all the correct procedure and then cut up the cartridge; it's at that point I was stupid and decided to investigate if the primer cap was pierced (my firing pin is a little damaged), followed by being careless and causing it to ignite, which blew it apart. Lesson learned and no doubt a scar to remind me.

I feel your pain. Shows how quickly these things happen. I was fly fishing years ago, tightened the knot with the line in my mouth, pulled quickly and the fly (a big, pretty pink fluffy fly) with a barbed hook went straight through my lip! Ended up at A&E where I think just about every doctor and nurse came down to have a look and a snigger! Won’t do that again 🫣😂
Years ago I had a late, very good friend. However, he was a bit of a Mr Magoo. Whilst fishing in a boat together, he managed to hook my left ear. He volunteered to remove the hook for me. My language was choice, I can assure you. I finished the day and we drove home. I went to a Doctor friends house and he removed it for me. I still feel the pain each time I visit that water !

Years ago I had a late, very good friend. However, he was a bit of a Mr Magoo. Whilst fishing in a boat together, he managed to hook my left ear. He volunteered to remove the hook for me. My language was choice, I can assure you. I finished the day and we drove home. I went to a Doctor friends house and he removed it for me. I still feel the pain each time I visit that water !
I tied up an exact copy of the fly, put them both in an earing presentation box, then gift wrapped them for him !

Was your friend reffing the Olympic Skeet in Paris?

I had misfire problems with Fiocchi in a 725. Details are posted elsewhere but a little work on the pins and swapping to Hull cured the problem. Yesterday I ran out of Hull and put some Fiocchi through - misfire. Anyway, the point of this post is to say that primers can do more than 'pop' so be careful. The picture below is a primer cap embedded in my finger yesterday. I took about 25 painful minutes with pliers to get it out!
View attachment 10869
I said it would pop on a fire . Primers don’t explode and fly out of case heads unless you’ve given them some help by prodding and levering around them with pointy objects after cutting the cartridge open . A cartridge only costs 30 pence . If it doesn’t go bang , chuck it in the bin ,

Back