been to the shops today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Om-letting it go this time but I'm eggs-pecting more from you guys!

www.proshock.co.uk

I'm sorry, but apart from an'oeuf being an'oeuf, none of those comments even come close to me changing my Yolks...

Ei have my Ei on you all ;)

Steve,

Well done, lesson one well learned. Just another word of advice. make a note of the real value of your guns to you personally and keep it in the cabinet, locked away. Heaven forbid anything happening to us and our dependants selling or giving guns away just because we said they were only £100, free or "I won it".

Steve,

Well done, lesson one well learned. Just another word of advice. make a note of the real value of your guns to you personally and keep it in the cabinet, locked away. Heaven forbid anything happening to us and our dependants selling or giving guns away just because we said they were only £100, free or "I won it".
Peter, good point. Maybe i should leave it im my will? Plus if i tell my solicitor in said will where the cabinet keys are am I breaking the terms of my SGC? or do i tell her just to go at it with an angle grinder....!!!

Steve,

Do you mean.....I'm not the only one..... who tells the missus the gun was £200?

Steve, no you take her on a corporate day ( Groupon or Living Social) let her have a lesson , enjoy herself, realise that she can beat you easily, then get her a certificate. She can then share the cabinet.

Have guns become that expensive? £200? Wow inflation's a bugger unless you are lucky like me. I usually exchange my old gun for the new one, at no extra cost, because the gundealer expressed an interest in my original gun and wanted first refusal, so I did a deal with him, my old gun in exchange for the new one and he gave me a gunslip , cleaning kit  and 1500 cartridges to make up the difference in value, because if you remember that old gun was a brilliant bargain at the time I got it, and it has actually increased in value whilst I've had it.

Steve, no you take her on a corporate day ( Groupon or Living Social) let her have a lesson , enjoy herself, realise that she can beat you easily, then get her a certificate. She can then share the cabinet.

Have guns become that expensive? £200? Wow inflation's a bugger unless you are lucky like me. I usually exchange my old gun for the new one, at no extra cost, because the gundealer expressed an interest in my original gun and wanted first refusal, so I did a deal with him, my old gun in exchange for the new one and he gave me a gunslip , cleaning kit  and 1500 cartridges to make up the difference in value, because if you remember that old gun was a brilliant bargain at the time I got it, and it has actually increased in value whilst I've had it.
Brilliant....you're much better at this than me.

Next time I want a new gun would you mind explaining things to my wife please?

Anyway back on topic the Caesar Guerin summit is a great gun. Took me a while to get used to the 32" but a great first go. Quarter and half chokes were great for every target today. Next week Westfield reg and white gold can't wait.

Glad you're enjoying the CG Steve. 

My Wife say's she hopes you guy's a kidding about the gun costs though. I told her it's a bit like a mobile telephone contract, you get the gun "free" provided you use 2000 shells a month  :sarcastic:

Glad you're enjoying the CG Steve. 

My Wife say's she hopes you guy's a kidding about the gun costs though. I told her it's a bit like a mobile telephone contract, you get the gun "free" provided you use 2000 shells a month  :sarcastic:
Now that one's an absolute belter........

Last edited by a moderator:
This is easy you state from the beginning that your money is yours to do with as you please and she can do what she likes with hers. Also don't tell them how much you earn or how much your worth, never let them see your bank statement. If you lay this out right from the beginning no argument, Job done.

Sounds like its too late for most of you though.

And no this is not meant tongue in cheek i can assure you my relationship has worked just fine on this basis for 17 yrs.

Just saying for the benefit of any young ish members.

This is easy you state from the beginning that your money is yours to do with as you please and she can do what she likes with hers. Also don't tell them how much you earn or how much your worth, never let them see your bank statement. If you lay this out right from the beginning no argument, Job done.

Sounds like its too late for most of you though.

And no this is not meant tongue in cheek i can assure you my relationship has worked just fine on this basis for 17 yrs.

Just saying for the benefit of any young ish members.
You might be taking this a bit too seriously me thinks  :sarcastic:

(I had assumed the comments by Salopian, Steve K and others were said in jest. Mine certainly were) 

Yes they were and i have in the past taken part in similar jovial comments however i considered a bit of reality could possibly help any young ish folk about to embark on the matrimonial or partner road.

I swore after the 1st Mrs nutcase got everything that from then on what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours. Cynical who me :)

Yes they were and i have in the past taken part in similar jovial comments however i considered a bit of reality could possibly help any young ish folk about to embark on the matrimonial or partner road.

I swore after the 1st Mrs nutcase got everything that from then on what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours. Cynical who me :)
As a relative newbie, I have to admit I was not too sure, but having met Peter I thought I was on safe ground. :biggrin:

But for the record I totally agree with you. I made the mistake of a total joint account last time. We were always overdrawn! This time around (2nd marriage) we do have joint account which we both "feed" (50:50 as we both work) and that pays all the household stuff.

What's left in my account is mine and what's left in her account is hers. It's an arrangement that has worked perfectly for both of us, and to be blunt, if want to spend £XX on a gun or whatever, I do... end of. 

Same as me mate joint account purely for joint stuff everything else separate. You obviously get my point from similar experience. Imo this share everything and total transparency is old fashioned and has no place in todays society but you and i may be cynical old beggers :)

Latest posts

Back