Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all models of gold e and 692 showing on beretta web. Just seems weird to have kept the two when they ditched the 10 straight away. Maybe they have realised it wasnt a good idea as many of us said at the time. 692 does look similar to the 11 but less rugged and sleaker IMO
The 682 Gold E is not currently listed on the GMK website under Beretta. However I dont recall if it actually was before the 692 launch.

It is on beretta site, dont know why its not on Gmk ?

Be interesting to see what happens.

Walking around my local straw bale...what do I see in a rack..OOH 692!!

Friendly chap sees me eyeing it up, lets me shoot the stand with it.

I straighted the stand.

Turns out that this stand was one of the two "hard" stands.

Clearly the 692, not only looks awesome, swings nice and balances great, but will also turn you into GD over night.

I want one, I will get one.

That is all. :)  

One of the lads on The Owls team has just got a 30" version and I have to say, even as a Beretta-ist it felt very nice. Well balanced and chunkier than the gold E, it felt a lot less "whippy". not sure about the rubber top lever though.

Right, I'm off to wash my hands in acid after typing that and say 15 hail marys to the almighty MK38 :lol:

Likewise!

I was pretty confident it was you mate ;)

Lovely gun and thank you for letting me try it out  :bow:
No problems at all mate

Was hoping to get down to challock this weekend but my younger boy has a footie tournament so no shooting this week for me. I expect josh and i shall be up there again next time so hopefully see you there. If you fancy another spin just let me know :thumbsu:

Walking around my local straw bale...what do I see in a rack..OOH 692!!

Friendly chap sees me eyeing it up, lets me shoot the stand with it.

I straighted the stand.

Turns out that this stand was one of the two "hard" stands.

Clearly the 692, not only looks awesome, swings nice and balances great, but will also turn you into GD over night.

I want one, I will get one.

That is all. :)
I didn't see you on Sunday, Gary. What stand did you shoot with the 692?

I had a mare as I'm still using my 20 bore game gun whilst the "new" 682 Gold E is back with GMK. Been there 5 weeks now and I'm getting a tad fed up. 

I didn't see you on Sunday, Gary. What stand did you shoot with the 692?

I had a mare as I'm still using my 20 bore game gun whilst the "new" 682 Gold E is back with GMK. Been there 5 weeks now and I'm getting a tad fed up. 
I saw you from a distance!  It was stand 2 opposite the hut.  Fast left to right quartering, then a fast right to left looper thing.

Don't forget you can call GMK and see what is happening.  Really,the gun should have been replaced if it was not fit for purpose from new.

Call 01489 579999 and ask for Paul in the workshop, he is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear you are still waiting on your 682 being repaired richard. hopefully you will have it in time for the 100 birder up at robin hood, 

He doesn't have  a 692, he has a 682 Gold E I think.  Good point actually;

Richard...why don't you tell them to keep it and get a 692? :)
Because i've only just got the 682 Gold E, quite like it and (wait for it) invested in a few Muller chokes. 2xU1, 2xU2, 1xU3 and 1xU4. I believe Beretta changed the chokes from the 682 to the 692?

Thanks for the contact info, I may give the guy a ring.

Because i've only just got the 682 Gold E, quite like it and (wait for it) invested in a few Muller chokes. 2xU1, 2xU2, 1xU3 and 1xU4. I believe Beretta changed the chokes from the 682 to the 692?

Thanks for the contact info, I may give the guy a ring.

Yeah.  692 Has Optima HP Plus

Did any of you take out the extended 10yr warranty on your 692 and if so how much extra was it? I am assuming that GMK would stipulate you have to have it serviced at certain intervals and at Beretta registered gunsmith. So if that is something you had to do annually it would cost a rather large perecentage of the guns value anyway so makes it less attractive.

Cheers

Simon

@P1Fanatic I opted for the 10 year warrenty when I purchased my 686E last September as it was only a one of payment of £45
Wow I really did expect it to be more like £100 plus or at least based on the list price of the gun in question. I should have checked their website first as just found the link below. The T&C’s they mention are not provided so I have emailed them asking for a copy. But £45 on a 3 grand gun is a no brainer even if they do stipulate regular service intervals and must be done by a Beretta Registered Gunsmith (which I am sure they will).

http://www.gmk.co.uk/?p=warranty

Claim your free extended warranty

* All extended warranty registrations must be made within 30 days of purchasing your new gun. Terms and conditions apply.

A standard one year warranty is provided with all new, GMK imported, Beretta shotguns. However, you can extend this warranty to three years free of charge by filling in the form below. In addition, GMK offers a ten year warranty for a one-off payment of £45.

Please Contact Us to request a registration card.

10 Year Warranty*

You can register your 10 year warranty by phone or by post (for registration by post please include your name, address, date of purchase, product and serial number along with your cheque made payable to "GMK Ltd."). Please refer to our Contact Us page for our phone number and address.

3 Year Warranty*

To claim for your three year extended warranty, simply complete the Warranty Registration form and your GMK product will be registered for the warranty.

Wow I really did expect it to be more like £100 plus or at least based on the list price of the gun in question. I should have checked their website first as just found the link below. The T&C’s they mention are not provided so I have emailed them asking for a copy. But £45 on a 3 grand gun is a no brainer even if they do stipulate regular service intervals and must be done by a Beretta Registered Gunsmith (which I am sure they will).

http://www.gmk.co.uk/?p=warranty

Claim your free extended warranty

* All extended warranty registrations must be made within 30 days of purchasing your new gun. Terms and conditions apply.

A standard one year warranty is provided with all new, GMK imported, Beretta shotguns. However, you can extend this warranty to three years free of charge by filling in the form below. In addition, GMK offers a ten year warranty for a one-off payment of £45.

Please Contact Us to request a registration card.

10 Year Warranty*

You can register your 10 year warranty by phone or by post (for registration by post please include your name, address, date of purchase, product and serial number along with your cheque made payable to "GMK Ltd."). Please refer to our Contact Us page for our phone number and address.

3 Year Warranty*

To claim for your three year extended warranty, simply complete the Warranty Registration form and your GMK product will be registered for the warranty.
Yup £45 for 10 year warranty.

- There is no service schedule 

- There are no "Beretta Trained Gunsmiths" in the UK as far as GMK are concerned, they are it.

- If you want work done under warranty, the gun has to go to GMK.

I must admit I didn't bother with my 692...although I did register it for the free 3 year warranty.

I've bought a couple of new Berettas over the last few years and always sent the £45 off for the 10 year warranty, only to flog the gun 12 months later.

I'm hoping that wont be the case with the 692 of course....still loving it!

Any news on yours yet P1?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I didn't bother with my 692...although I did register it for the free 3 year warranty.

I've bought a couple of new Berettas over the last few years and always sent the £45 off for the 10 year warranty, only to flog the gun 12 months later.

I'm hoping that wont be the case with the 692 of course....still loving it!

Any news on yours yet P1?
No I haven’t heard anything new since I was told shipment arrives 25th June and mine should be part of it. I take that to mean that’s when GMK expect it and will be a few days before mine actually arrives at the dealer. But I will be chasing my dealer first thing on the 26th to confirm the shipment arrived and if my 692 was on it. I am not getting my hopes up but have been checking Guntrader and Gunstar to see if any new ones are in circulation but nothing other than 30” and 32” right handers, non-adj stock.

Latest posts

Back