Beretta Silver Pigeon 1

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markyy2

Hi guys

I am looking to buy my first shotgun for shooting clays. I was looking a a second hand Baretta Silver Pigeon 1. I am not sure if i should get a 20bore or a 16. Is the Baretta a good gun, your thoughts? Are there any others that you would recommend, i have a budget of about £900 and i am 16 years of age, 6ft if this helps.

cheers guys

Marcus 

Hi guys

I am looking to buy my first shotgun for shooting clays. I was looking a a second hand Baretta Silver Pigeon 1. I am not sure if i should get a 20bore or a 16. Is the Baretta a good gun, your thoughts? Are there any others that you would recommend, i have a budget of about £900 and i am 16 years of age, 6ft if this helps.

cheers guys

Marcus
£900.00 will pick you up a decent 2nd hand Beretta, you'd be better off with a 12 gauge its what 9/10 people shoot clays with.

Check out any Beretta 680 series, Browning 325/425/525 etc, and the Miroku range of guns, multi or fixed choke is a personal decision, and try not to rush into anything, try some different guns before parting with your cash.

Yep - 12gauge, for the cheapest and most accessible cartridges.

More important than Make or Model, try and find a gun that fits you at least a bit - my recommendation is to find a good gun shop that will let you try some guns and help you find one that fits. 

There is nothing wrong with the Silver Pigeon at all

Do not I repeat do not get anything other than a 12 guage

Lovely Gun , I bought one a new one last month for the start of my syndicate game shoots which start this Saturday

Latest posts

Back