Browning B25 trap guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Les if it was more local then I probably would have a look but for me it would be a 650 mile round trip with about £50 worth of motorway tolls ! Looks quite good though, although there is mention of a bit of light rusting on the action.
I have just e mailed York guns about one,that is a long drive for me too. So it would need to be the right price for me to go up there. It would also need to not be in need of tightening and would have to be rust free and have the right dimensions too.

Hi Les the one on the Naturbuy site looks good but the mention of a bit of rust on the action I think is referring to the breach face, seller says needs a rub down with a bit of oil and wire wool ? In the picture I can see a very definite ring around the top firing pin. Also though the gun looks far from heavily shoot 1000 cartridges pull the other one eh :) If we were talking a 100 or so mile I would go and have a butchers but a 650 round trip no. Still the price on it if the gun is not too badly affected seems right... which is a change. In France they want your fillings as well as the asking price ! :)

edit.

Les you mentioned the wide rib and that is a W  I  D  E rib 18mm if I am not mistaken ! Very similar to the Carrega if I remember correctly ? Anyway I do like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
my Granda has a beautiful B25 trap gun (Teagued) that he might consider selling, it's a 30" and superb condition for it's age - I think around 30 years old 

York guns have one listed under their premium gun section £2850. Possibly would send it to a dealer closer to home or if you don't fancy the drive to the wild north.

I've my eye on a C grade. Just can't decide if I want to swap anything else I've got.
haven't you got enough by now paul :)

haven't you got enough by now paul :)
Yes, Thats the rub... I'm content with what i've got now and can't really justify getting another without getting rid of something I already knows works for me.

Bought one gun in 10 years...Then spoke to the likes of yourself in your.. aahhh the weathers changed need new gun cause it's now too sunny/dull/ hot/cold for the one i've got days....Yes,  Probably go and get it tomorrow but it'll have to be the DT10 that goes. The Brownings going nowhere   :shocked:

Ha, blame me why don't you :)

You shooting sat ?

Nothing on sun, so day off for me as shopping required for kellys birthday pressie.

Some years ago I was interested in an ST100 - not sure how that relates to B25 since I'm not a Browning person.  The one I came across was just at NIB have been shot so little it barely showed.  Somehow that gun and I did not have any common points of contact so I passed on it.  Later I acquired a Broadway (wide rib thing) in a complicated swap that I failed to bond with as well.  So I gave up on the Belgies.  The prices you folks are discussing are just crazy it seems to me but different markets ................ etc.

here's an ST-100

http://www.trapshooters2.com/webtv/cfpages/thread_archive.cfm?threadid=275463&Messages=15

DSC_0009.jpg

Had a couple of brownings many years ago, couldnt hit a barn door with either of them they felt dead to me, like holding a lump of 3x2

each to there own of course.

just saying

I some how think that the ST100 was the American version of the Carrega model marketed in Europe ... American's would probably not have related to the name Carrega on the side of their gun... could be wrong though but that gun certainly looks very like a Carrega.

Had a couple of brownings many years ago, couldnt hit a barn door with either of them they felt dead to me, like holding a lump of 3x2

each to there own of course.

just saying
Get a grip Ian they are great guns! :)

I am sure they are but we all have different tastes, thankfully.

I some how think that the ST100 was the American version of the Carrega model marketed in Europe ... American's would probably not have related to the name Carrega on the side of their gun... could be wrong though but that gun certainly looks very like a Carrega.
That makes sense.  Too, it seems way unlikely that Browning would make a gun like that just for the 'Mercan market where it would fall into the WTF? category fairly easily.  I was considering it as a pigeon gun but as I mentioned that didn't happen.  As the link brings out, they were not well known at all even as ST-100's - - - I've seen two others than the one I was interested in (in the flesh as it were) in the last 15+ years.

Hi Les the one on the Naturbuy site looks good but the mention of a bit of rust on the action I think is referring to the breach face, seller says needs a rub down with a bit of oil and wire wool ? In the picture I can see a very definite ring around the top firing pin. Also though the gun looks far from heavily shoot 1000 cartridges pull the other one eh :) If we were talking a 100 or so mile I would go and have a butchers but a 650 round trip no. Still the price on it if the gun is not too badly affected seems right... which is a change. In France they want your fillings as well as the asking price ! :)

edit.

Les you mentioned the wide rib and that is a W  I  D  E rib 18mm if I am not mistaken ! Very similar to the Carrega if I remember correctly ? Anyway I do like it!
John as far as I remember the rib is 16mm but I could be wrong mate!

Unfortunately I've never seen an ST of any sort in the metal, just pictures! I have however seen custom jobs based on the ST and some were stunning bits of kit!!!

John as far as I remember the rib is 16mm but I could be wrong mate!
Think you are right Les ! I shot an absolutely pristine ST 150 Carrega last year would like to have shot it for longer to really get the feel of I :) I personally would have liked a higher comb but it shot nicely really quite a unique gun since only 150 were made here is one to gop at Les ... if only I had been here when it was being sold would have bid for that defo ! Don't know how much it sold for but that particular gun looks the mutts danglies.

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Browning-B25-Carrega-super-trap-150-item-1347523.html

At least you have shot one John, its more than Ive done mate! Just a shame that Browning no longer seem interested in the trap shooters these days. They have let P,B,K run away with everything for reasons best known to themselves,a sad state of affairs for a company with such a great track record and great products!

Think you are right Les ! I shot an absolutely pristine ST 150 Carrega last year would like to have shot it for longer to really get the feel of I :) I personally would have liked a higher comb but it shot nicely really quite a unique gun since only 150 were made here is one to gop at Les ... if only I had been here when it was being sold would have bid for that defo ! Don't know how much it sold for but that particular gun looks the mutts danglies.

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Browning-B25-Carrega-super-trap-150-item-1347523.html
That certainly looks to be the same gun.  Splash on some diff cosmetics for a diff market and you're good to go.

If you really had to have one it might be easier to find one here than in the Euro market.

Very similar Wonko. I would agree they changed the appearance a bit mostly the rib , which is much heavier on the Euro model. The one in that particular advert is a really nice gun I would like to own that one! I just never saw it on the site or I did not live here when it was sold oh well might come round again. Guy says it has only fired 500 carts but the marks on the bottom of the action/ barrels say more ... how ever he may only have shot five cartridges every time he put the gun up and took it down :) . My Browning is less chipped and I have put 5000 shells through it in the past 8 months. All in all though that gun looks really good.

edit

just looked at the sale date and I was here...must have been sleeping that week I look through this site nearly every week to check out what new.

I e mailed York Guns twice about the John Moses and got no reply!!! Very strange indeed! Guess I will just stick with what I've got for now!

Latest posts

Back