Bullets leaving the gun photos (Telegraph)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the revolver ones. All that flame lighting up around the cylinder. Proper guns!!

I bet he's got a fast finger on his camera??   :biggrin:

Amazing pictures... Coincidentally, here is one I took today, with a shot string off to work...

y4a4abu3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well found! nice website.

Matt,  great pic too! don't see the clay tho'!

really bright sunshine can often pick up the shot string,, used to see it more often! but you can now appreciate the 'length' of the shot string in that pic.now imagine how long that string is when you reload homemade shot,,,,that varies from 2.5mm to 9.5 mm :biggrin:   possibly why I used to hit a lot more targets :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .,also why it's banned to reload in international competition!!!!

Yep... I didn't get the clay...my bad! I can often see a shot string in sunshine when people are using white gold, or as I was today platinum trap...the diamond polished shot shows up as a sort of shimmer. I don't see it regularly as some people seem to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my good god who mentioned shot string, you have done it now may as well have prodded a lion with a stick or mentioned poi or poa :)

ah,,,, ips,,I didn't mention  variables,, like shot drop, wind drift,,rain wetting yer lead, rain on yer glasses, last nights 'consumpion',, did I?

shot string length is directly proportional  to how many you miss,,,,not the other variables mentioned! :haha:

Don't get me wrong i love a shot string discussion nearly as much as a poi :)

Just for you  No1topdog  -  here are some pics of me shooting the mighty S&W 500 Magnum.

The pic of the gun on the shooting table also shows the size of the bullet compared to a .44 Magnum. So big the cylinder can only accept 5 x rounds  :eek:

post-333-0-69521400-1402607368.jpg

post-333-0-59853300-1402607380.jpg

post-333-0-40369400-1402607391.jpg

post-333-0-63421000-1402607415.jpg

Attachments

• swmagaim.jpg
    swmagaim.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • swmagblast_01.jpg
    swmagblast_01.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • swmagrecoil.jpg
    swmagrecoil.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • SW500MAGNUM.JPG
    SW500MAGNUM.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Guerini Guy, that is indeed a piece of kit!!

The shot of you controlling the recoil brings back memories of my first shot with the .44mag. That must be so much more extreme!!

I should imagine it would not be putting a cloverleaf group at 25 yards but I bet it would be the thing you want if you had a Grizzly Bear coming at you!!

Thanks for the photos. You are one lucky guy!  For me a distant memory.   :biggrin:

GG i have to ask this question because I have always wanted to try handguns and never had an opportunity too  but the second picture in looks scary - do you actually feel the heat of that flame?

Yes mate and the amount of bend is directly proportional to the speed of the swing. Honest.
Absolutely, but it is master class technique and not something you're gonna be able to do with less than 10,000 hrs of practice.  And, of course, the correct POI and a Muller string bending choke tube.

Absolutely, but it is master class technique and not something you're gonna be able to do with less than 10,000 hrs of practice. And, of course, the correct POI and a Muller string bending choke tube.
absolutely agree its taken me years to master a highly advanced technique. I am just able to bend it around a corner.

Ps

i didn't know you had the special bendy chokes that you refer to over the pond ?

absolutely agree its taken me years to master a highly advanced technique. I am just able to bend it around a corner.

Ps

i didn't know you had the special bendy chokes that you refer to over the pond ?
Actually I'm not supposed to talk about those choke tubes.  Just forget I mentioned it.  

Just move along, nothing to see here.

Latest posts

Back